Night temperature drops

Chuck67

Do not know how to set up a poll.
Just curious as to how low people let their night time temperatures drop for calyptratus and Malagasy species (panther, oustaleti and verricosis)?

How did you come up with that range?

If caged outdoors during day at what temperature do you bring them in if daily temps reach 80-90 F?

Chuck

verru - I have kept outside up to 105 in the sun. I always provide a dripper and a heavily planted enclosure where they can escape the heat. The 105 did not last more than a day or two. At night it would drop into the 60's. I started this by moving them out when it was in the 90's then monitored them for problems. The temps climbed and there was not a big change in behavior. They ate better outside thats for sure. They thrived in the warmer temps.

Panthers - I bring them in if its going to reach 85 in the sun. They remain outside in temps as low as 50f. Just something I have been doing. No real experimentation here. Panthers are a little more sensitive to the temps than verru's are.

Don't work with veileds.

Sternfeldi: I keep outside as long as it doesn't get hotter than 80 and it has been as cold as 38-40 when I have had them outside in the rain. I like at least a 20 degree temp drop for them when I can. I have had a lot of sucess with babies this way.

Oustalets...I did like Ryan with the verru's, But when it got close to the 100s they would turn white (heat stress) So I would bring them in when it started to pass 95ish...at nite the max lows are in the low 60s to high 50s...

In the shade it was closer to 95 or so. They would hide all day only come out early morning and in the evening. Also just to clarify it was 105 a couple of days and I was home to monitor. They did not seem to be heat stressed at all.

Back
Top Bottom