Night bulb

Iro_chameleon

Hello, I am new to this. I recently got a 9 month yr old ambilobe, and I don't know what color night bulb and what wattage night bulb I need for her.

Hello, I am new to this. I recently got a 9 month yr old ambilobe, and I don't know what color night bulb and what wattage night bulb I need for her.
Hi there. No bulb at all at night. They need the temperature drop at night. Here is a crash course on proper chameleon husbandry https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

FYI if you got a female then she will lay infertile eggs so you want to read up on that as well and prep for a lay bin.

Yes, I will have to put a little water in it every once and a while to get it moist
Also I will be gone this Thursday and will come back Sunday, I have an automatic mister but I don't know if it will produce enough fog for her to drink, I have to have it on the lowest mist setting for it to last all weekend.

Also I will be gone this Thursday and will come back Sunday, I have an automatic mister but I don't know if it will produce enough fog for her to drink, I have to have it on the lowest mist setting for it to last all weekend.
Do you have a mister or a fogger? These two are very different and should be used a specific way.

Do you have your lights on a timer?

Its a fogger/muster but it fogs a lot more. Should I get a mister
Ok so you have a fogger not a mister. So a fogger should only be used at night when temps are below 67 degrees. Otherwise you risk the cham developing a respiratory infection.

Misting systems are for actual water spraying for them to drink. With the mistking you are able to set the exact times and length. Other ones like the Monsoon you can not. You would want it to mist in the morning and the evening for 2-4 minutes. Drainage tray should be in place.

Ok so you have a fogger not a mister. So a fogger should only be used at night when temps are below 67 degrees. Otherwise you risk the cham developing a respiratory infection.

Misting systems are for actual water spraying for them to drink. With the mistking you are able to set the exact times and length. Other ones like the Monsoon you can not. You would want it to mist in the morning and the evening for 2-4 minutes. Drainage tray should be in place.
ok thank you for all the help. I have to go to soccer and I appreciate all the help!

That appears to be a fogger. These sellers often will use key words to attract more viewers. It does not mean that is a mister. I read the description and I believe that is a fogger only and not what you need. You will need a mist king that actually puts out a fine mist of water rather than fog. There is a difference, a very important difference when it comes to chameleons. I wish I could put a link here to the mist king but I don’t know how. Go to Amazon and type in Mistking in the search bar and it will come up for you. I hope that helps.

That appears to be a fogger. These sellers often will use key words to attract more viewers. It does not mean that is a mister. I read the description and I believe that is a fogger only and not what you need. You will need a mist king that actually puts out a fine mist of water rather than fog. There is a difference, a very important difference when it comes to chameleons. I wish I could put a link here to the mist king but I don’t know how. Go to Amazon and type in Mistking in the search bar and it will come up for you. I hope that helps.
https://www.mistking.com/
The Starter System will be more than adequate. I would shop for better price from other vendors.

Back
Top Bottom