Newborn jackson temps..

mattj

So we had 5 babies this past Wednesday. Ive been doing a lot of reading and trying my best to keep them going strong. They seem to be doing good, all eating and drinking. The past two days a few of them have been hanging upside down right under the uvb light.

Just wondering if they are doing this for the uvb or trying to warm up from the little heat it gives off. Right now ambient temperature is about 67 degrees and basking about 75. Measured with a digital thermometer. Ive just heard that its better on the cooler side for the young ones because they can overheat quickly.

Im a little nervous about using any kind of heat because its a small tank for right now. I can see it getting hot quickly.

Do these temps sound good. Any ideas why they are up top right under the light?

That's normal baby behavour, all of mine did that.
The only reason I can guess, maybe they crave more UVB because of their developing bones??!!

Anyway, not to worry, but dont let him get to close to the basking light, much hotter, and he could get a nasty burn.

Ok thanks. I don't have a basking light as of now. But right under the uvb is about 75. The warmest part of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom