Strobes

Hey everyone new to the thread and new to my new veil buddie . I got him from a pet store they thought he was about 6 months or so i thought about 3 . Not sure and i have his basking temp at 82 degrees and other lower parts are lower. I try to feed him with the tweezers he dont really like it . Seems like he just like to hunt for his food haha. But what do you think about him ??
20180310_123629.jpg
20180310_123616.jpg

I feed him 5 small crickets and i have feed him a super worm the other day

Attachments

• 20180310_133308.jpg
    20180310_133308.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 196
  • 20180310_133314.jpg
    20180310_133314.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 219
  • 20180310_133326.jpg
    20180310_133326.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 219
Ok, so he is a male, so he is not gravid. Just to make sure, since you see him in person, does he have spurs on his ankles?

Oh haha so another question he does get blue spots when i am messing in his cage but thats only when he puffs up . Think thats from the painting in the backround?

Oh haha so another question he does get blue spots when i am messing in his cage but thats only when he puffs up . Think thats from the painting in the backround?
They don't change colors to mimic their environmental conditions like that.

You got a make there but I'm gonna say younger than 6 months. You're enclosure looks good.... might want to raise everything just a little bit.... What's on the bottom of your enclosure?

Here fill this out so we can get to know more about what you're doin and can offer better advise :)

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species is viel he has been in my care 4 days now.
  • Handling - havent tried yet.
  • Feeding - 5 small crickets a day . And gutloading them 24 hours before .
  • Supplements - yes i dust them with the multivitamin once a day and dont know the brand name
  • Watering - I used a dripper and most it at least 4 or more times a day
  • Fecal Description - havent seen any.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - 18×18×36 cage
  • Lighting - 100 w mini dome light combo with 100 w baskin light and 50 w ugh light
  • Temperature - basking spot is at 82 degrees and the cage floor temp goes down to 75 and lowest overtime temp is 68
  • Humidity - live plants and organic potting soil.
  • Plants - devil's ivy
  • Placement - no fans or vents closed room on a small dresser so below eye level. In utah

Feed as much as much as he will eat right now about 10-12. I truly believe he is younger than 6 months. You need to take the dirt out of the bottom of your cage and have nothing there. This will help you keep your cage cleaner and will help not make the room smell funny. You need to mist your plants 2-3 times a day for 2-3 minutes each time. It will stimulate your cham into drinking plus help with humidity. Get plant stands to raise everything up a bit. If you have a potho hang it higher.

Ok n
Feed as much as much as he will eat right now about 10-12. I truly believe he is younger than 6 months. You need to take the dirt out of the bottom of your cage and have nothing there. This will help you keep your cage cleaner and will help not make the room smell funny. You need to mist your plants 2-3 times a day for 2-3 minutes each time. It will stimulate your cham into drinking plus help with humidity. Get plant stands to raise everything up a bit. If you have a potho hang it higher.
Ok no problem I'll get started and post updates. Cant i just leave it like that and add more uptop??

Having nothing on the bottom is the way to go. Cleaning is a lot easier that way. Plus you can get gnats and stuff if you keep moist dirt. Your room will start to smell. I promise you'll start to hate it :)

Attachments

• 20180303_165503.jpg
    20180303_165503.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 182
Back
Top Bottom