Newbie ?s

bigred

OK, I want to do this right the first time so, what lighting and heat lamps do you recommend I get for a 36"Tx24"Wx24"D screen cage? I'm just going slow and learning a lot on this site. Thanks to everyone here for there help.

Get a 24" Zoomed Reptisun 5.0 and a 75 watt household lightbulb, and a digital thermometer so you know your temps! :)

i use a 100w house light right now for my cage same size as yours but thats only cuz its winter. for basking. and i my window sucks for keeping the heat in.

now here is one for u. my new one that i am building right now is 29''d 38''w 78''t ima be posting a few picks in a few days, forgot to take some when makeing the frame but i still need to do some touchup sanding, staining/waterproofing, finish the door and put the screen and trim on

So do I need a heat device for when the lights are off? I know it's a stupid question but I think there is no such thing as a stupid question, just trying to make the best environment my my Cham.

So do I need a heat device for when the lights are off? I know it's a stupid question but I think there is no such thing as a stupid question, just trying to make the best environment my my Cham.

Unless your temperatures drop below 70 at night, I don't think you need a light. I dont use one at night.

I keep my house at 73-78 year round. I think I'll have to move where I want to put the terrarium. Right now it's under a vent in front of a window. From what I have read you don't want them under a vent.

I don't have one yet. Just trying to get everything perfect before I get one. I want to get a Veiled.

I keep veileds. They are awesome chameleons! If you get a young one you want need a very high watt bulb to start with for basking. Depending on the age, I'd start with a 25 or maybe 40 watt bulb max. I'm attaching my blog for new keeper below. It will tell you everything you will need for your cham, give you links to pictures and show you where you can buy each item.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom