Newbie & MistKing question

MBStephens

Hello everyone! This is my first post here and i will be getting my first chameleon within the next 4 weeks. I'm super excited and just finishing up the last few details of his enclosure.
I was working on setting the timer for the Mistking and have a question or 2 or more!!
I have set 3 programs (P0-P2) ; 8:30am - 10 minutes; 12:30pm - 5 minutes & 4:30pm - 3 minutes.
His lights will come at 7:30am and go off at 7:30pm

1) is this a good misting schedule?
2) do i have to manually turn off P3-P9? I didn't do anything on those programs but they still show AUTO and I'm afraid they will come on in the middle of the night.
3) is it normal for the sprayers to drip for a while afterword?

Hello everyone! This is my first post here and i will be getting my first chameleon within the next 4 weeks. I'm super excited and just finishing up the last few details of his enclosure.
I was working on setting the timer for the Mistking and have a question or 2 or more!!
I have set 3 programs (P0-P2) ; 8:30am - 10 minutes; 12:30pm - 5 minutes & 4:30pm - 3 minutes.
His lights will come at 7:30am and go off at 7:30pm

1) is this a good misting schedule?
2) do i have to manually turn off P3-P9? I didn't do anything on those programs but they still show AUTO and I'm afraid they will come on in the middle of the night.
3) is it normal for the sprayers to drip for a while afterword?

1 - totally depends on the species and the normal humidity level in your home. Using the care sheets that have been linked, figure out what humidity your chameleon needs & then run the mistking at your proposed schedule for the next month to determine what humidity your are able to obtain with that schedule. Realize that you might have to increase during the winter because of forced heating & decrease in the summer because of natural humidity depending on your geographical location. Also, the addition of natural plants in your enclosure changes how much misting you need because of the plants water needs & the humidity they bring.

2 - as long as you leave any unused program slots to a 00:00:00 duration, you do not need to do anything to them

3 - yes, if you do not have the zip drip, they will drip a bit

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the above info. Here is the form filled out.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - male panther, around 4 mos., arriving by early december
  • Handling -
  • Feeding - will feed 1/8-1/4" crickets dusted with Repashy Calcium Plus. Cricket gut-loaded with Repashy Bug Burger and vegs.
  • Supplements - above
  • Watering - have Mist King. Programs are set at 830am for 10 min., 1230pm for 5 min. and 430pm for 3 min.
  • Fecal Description -
  • History - Getting him from Kammerflage Creations and following their care instructions

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - screen 24x24x48 with screened bottom with drainage tray
  • Lighting - arcadia UVB & Zoomed Basking with heat emitter for night
  • Temperature - 72 degrees bottom, 76 degrees midway 88-93 degree basking. Lowest overnight 65 degrees. i have 2 probes measuring temps in bottom and mid way of cage. I have a temp gun to read basking spot and heat controller for nighttime heat emitter.
  • Humidity - current humidity is 74 degrees. heat/humidity prob is used within cage and then heat/humidity reader for room. Planning on a humidity range of 60-85%
  • Plants - Live plants: dracanea, spider plants, bromeliad, nerve plant, umbrella plant, staghorn fern and sedum.
  • Placement - cage is in my home office. not high traffic. In a non heated room, but is heated thru oil filled space heater.w/ ambient room temp at about 70-72 degrees. top of cage reaches about 7ft. tall
  • Location -virginia

Thanks for the above info. Here is the form filled out.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - male panther, around 4 mos., arriving by early december
  • Handling -
  • Feeding - will feed 1/8-1/4" crickets dusted with Repashy Calcium Plus. Cricket gut-loaded with Repashy Bug Burger and vegs.
  • Supplements - above
  • Watering - have Mist King. Programs are set at 830am for 10 min., 1230pm for 5 min. and 430pm for 3 min.
  • Fecal Description -
  • History - Getting him from Kammerflage Creations and following their care instructions

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - screen 24x24x48 with screened bottom with drainage tray
  • Lighting - arcadia UVB & Zoomed Basking with heat emitter for night
  • Temperature - 72 degrees bottom, 76 degrees midway 88-93 degree basking. Lowest overnight 65 degrees. i have 2 probes measuring temps in bottom and mid way of cage. I have a temp gun to read basking spot and heat controller for nighttime heat emitter.
  • Humidity - current humidity is 74 degrees. heat/humidity prob is used within cage and then heat/humidity reader for room. Planning on a humidity range of 60-85%
  • Plants - Live plants: dracanea, spider plants, bromeliad, nerve plant, umbrella plant, staghorn fern and sedum.
  • Placement - cage is in my home office. not high traffic. In a non heated room, but is heated thru oil filled space heater.w/ ambient room temp at about 70-72 degrees. top of cage reaches about 7ft. tall
  • Location -virginia
Thank you! Have you read the panther care sheet here? The Repashy Calcium Plus does have D3 in it, so get either phosphorous free calcium or another all in one supplement without D3 for the daily feedings. Remember, variety is key! The basking is too high of a temp, and as long as you don’t go below 60*, I think, you don’t need a ceramic heat emitter. Don’t make it too humid. The panther care sheet here has proper temp and humidity parameters, along with other useful info. Could you post a pic of your enclosure, please?

i briefly read it, I was going by the care sheet from Kammerflage Creations. There's a little conflicting info. I can send a picture, can't it done until this afternoon though. I will post it later. Thanks for all you reponses.

cage set up
cage (2).jpg

Attachments

• cage (2).jpg
    cage (2).jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 57
Add some more branches and vines, mostly horizontal, and you’ll be all set! Great job! Honestly, your cage looks amazing! But empty space is wasted space, the more pathways, the better

i have some on order actually. that was the last thing to do on my list. Adjusted my misting session length: humidity has stayed in upper 80s so hopefully tomorrow is will come down. I've been working on his cage for 2 months, lol
thanks for all your help

My only suggestion would be to move (or add) a pothos at the top. You want your vining plants to be up high so the vines can dangle down & add move cover as they grow. Great looking cage though overall!

What is the vine type plant at the bottom? It's hard to tell in the pic, but it does look like a pothos. I like them because they grow like crazy and are difficult to kill. Whatever you choose - vine type plants are great - hang high and it will cover/spread giving max impact and fulfil a lot of needs for your cham.

Back
Top Bottom