Newbie Lighting Question: Want the best for my Veiled

rickd5

I just upgraded my 18x18x36 cage for my veiled. I currently have a 24 inch zoo med fixture with 18 inch 5.0 reptisun bulb. And a 70 watt ge house bulb for basking (about 93-96 degrees).

Looking on the forums I see a lot of people have multiple lights set up for UVB.

Do I need another light fixture or a larger one?

What tubes/lights do you suggest if so?
-I heard Arcadia is good from looking around but i'm new to Chameleons and don't know which ones to get

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Cham lovers.

I would go for the arcadia T5 uv bulbs from light your reptiles. They are the best for uv on the market and last a full year. This will mean a new fitting though.

The one with the Arcadia 6% and the 6500 light is a great combo. That way if you have live plants which most will suggest having, they will get great light to grow with.

Wow thanks for all the information!!!

So the 6% is probably best? He spends most of his time at top of cage anyways.

I hear some prefer 12%

Wow thanks for all the information!!!

So the 6% is probably best? He spends most of his time at top of cage anyways.

I hear some prefer 12%

Some folks are using the 12% --
but they ALL have fairly heavy plant growth and large cages of 24 x 24 wide and fairly tall, like 36" or 48".

If you have a small cages or a cage with no plants/shade,then the 12% is a bit too strong.

If you put a 6% on your cage Rickd5-
I think that would be perfect!:)

But if your cage is large and has lots of shade from great plant growth...
then OK.. maybe a 12% would be good.
you should shoot me a pic of the set-up if there is any question to my e/m address below.
(this goes for anybody :) )

Please keep in mind that an ARCADIA 6% HO T5 is strong as a t8 10.0 % of any other brand.

That is why they are so unique!

[email protected]

Example of what a double bulb HO t5 fixture looks like.
Please note the Polished Aluminum super reflective interior to reflect UV rays and light.

Cheers!
Todd

Attachments

• 022 double lit 6.5 arcdaia.jpg
    022 double lit 6.5 arcdaia.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 80
Jumping to the end but the best IMO is the arcadia 6% with the typical heat dome and a jungle dawn LED strip.
Unless you have a uv solarmeter then go with the 12% and dumb it down..
All available from Todd at LYR

Back
Top Bottom