Newbie Lighting Question: Want the best for my Veiled

rickd5

I just upgraded my 18x18x36 cage for my veiled. I currently have a 24 inch zoo med fixture with 18 inch 5.0 reptisun bulb. And a 70 watt ge house bulb for basking (about 93-96 degrees).

Looking on the forums I see a lot of people have multiple lights set up for UVB.

Do I need another light fixture or a larger one?

What tubes/lights do you suggest if so?
-I heard Arcadia is good from looking around but i'm new to Chameleons and don't know which ones to get

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Cham lovers.

bradley

I would go for the arcadia T5 uv bulbs from light your reptiles. They are the best for uv on the market and last a full year. This will mean a new fitting though.

Video Master

The one with the Arcadia 6% and the 6500 light is a great combo. That way if you have live plants which most will suggest having, they will get great light to grow with.

rickd5

Wow thanks for all the information!!!

So the 6% is probably best? He spends most of his time at top of cage anyways.

I hear some prefer 12%

Venutus1

Avid Member
Wow thanks for all the information!!!

So the 6% is probably best? He spends most of his time at top of cage anyways.

I hear some prefer 12%

Some folks are using the 12% --
but they ALL have fairly heavy plant growth and large cages of 24 x 24 wide and fairly tall, like 36" or 48".

If you have a small cages or a cage with no plants/shade,then the 12% is a bit too strong.

If you put a 6% on your cage Rickd5-
I think that would be perfect!:)

But if your cage is large and has lots of shade from great plant growth...
then OK.. maybe a 12% would be good.
you should shoot me a pic of the set-up if there is any question to my e/m address below.
(this goes for anybody :) )

Please keep in mind that an ARCADIA 6% HO T5 is strong as a t8 10.0 % of any other brand.

That is why they are so unique!

lightyourreptiles@yahoo.com

Example of what a double bulb HO t5 fixture looks like.
Please note the Polished Aluminum super reflective interior to reflect UV rays and light.

Cheers!
Todd

Attachments

• 022 double lit 6.5 arcdaia.jpg
    022 double lit 6.5 arcdaia.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 57

Hoj

Friendly Grasshopper
Jumping to the end but the best IMO is the arcadia 6% with the typical heat dome and a jungle dawn LED strip.
Unless you have a uv solarmeter then go with the 12% and dumb it down..
All available from Todd at LYR

Top Bottom