New Year's Day Surprise

jajeanpierre

Chameleon Enthusiast
Trioceros quadricornis gracilior

20180101_134701.jpg

One picture isn't enough! Are there more hatched yet?

All eleven hatched with the last one still in the incubator because of some leftover fleshy bits that contained the yolk. The last picture is that last baby. I included that picture because it shows some of the really pretty blues they are. I have several that are particularly deep teal blue like that one.

These are busy busy busy babies. They've been running all over their new cage. I can't tell if they have eaten anything but they sure look like they might be thinking about hunting.

Another clutch is pipping today. :)

20180103_150525.jpg

20180103_150537.jpg

20180103_144914.jpg

20180103_150411.jpg

20180103_160202.jpg

Do they already show tiny little nubs on their nose area or am I just imagining that? :coffee:

No, you aren't imagining it. Both sexes show tiny nubs. Sometimes a male takes forever to start growing his horns and sometimes the females have fairly large horns (for babies). Graciliors grow their second set really young, much younger than a quad. Graciliors' first set also grows much longer and sooner than quads' do.

@Decadancin asked..."Do they already show tiny little nubs on their nose area or am I just imagining that? :coffee:"...that was going to be my first question...you beat me to it!!

Janet...thanks for posting the photos! I'm surprised at how blue some of these can be!
Thanks for posting the photos!

Back
Top Bottom