New veiled questions

Alyx

So I brought home my new chameleon yesterday, he has a set up in a small reptibreeze with dowel rods, branches, a live pothos plant, and a few fake plants. I modeled his set up after a few pictures I saw on here. But anyways, he's been pretty active today climbing everything, but I was wondering if it's normal for them to climb all over the mesh? He'll climb up the sides and then climb on some plants, go on branches, hang from the top of the cage upside down occasionally. There's enough hiding spots, but I'm not sure if this is normal for a baby. He's about three inches long from snout to the end of the tail

Yes, that is normal and they also might end up falling asleep upside down too from the top of the screen!!! I am not sure why they like to crawl around upside down, but I know they like to hang under the uvb light sometimes too. The basking light is what you have to worry about because it is hot!

Is it normal for them to be really active during the day? He climbs all over like a monkey

Yeah it's pretty common, they are interesting because they like to check things out and definitely get comfortable with their surroundings. Sometimes they get bothered if you have their cage on one side of the room and move it to the other side, its like you moved them into a whole new room. They can get stressed and uncomfortable for a little while but they will get used to it after a while.

Back
Top Bottom