New Veiled female couple of questions?

RichNkiwi

Hey everyone,

Been a member for a while but this is my first proper post!

Got a female veiled chameleon on saturday and just got a couple of questions!

The shop i got her from had her for a while and i had a spare enclosure so i decided to take her home! she was stuck in a 18x18x24 eco terra with one other female.

First question is do you think she looks healthy? Do you think she looks a little on the chubby side?

She seems to have some shed that covers her lower half of her body that looks old? whats the best way to try and help her get rid of it? other than misting more than usual. you can kinda see it in the pics I've been misting her enclosure plenty to keep the humidity up but i thought after 3 days it might have started to come off by now!

Last question the shop i got her from said she is around a year old but I'm not too sure, she is slightly smaller than my male who is just over 6 months old so i don't think she is as old as they thought!

She is not a very happy little lady she will sit on your hand but if you touch her or put your other hand near her she hisses and tries to bite! I Know i need to leave her alone as much as possible to let her settle in this was just when i first got her home to put her in her enclosure.

I have added a laying bin today so that it is there if she needs it!

Ive had a male for a few months now and he is great sheds eats and poos exactly as he should, just want some other peoples opinions on how this lady is looking!! and how to make sure she is in perfect care!

The male and female are in separate enclosures and cannot see each other.

Both are in 24x24x48 reptiebreeze.

I have uploaded a couple of pics and have added one of my male too!

20160119_132250.jpg
20160119_132211.jpg
20160118_214647.jpg 20160110_142317.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Rich

Hi RichNkiwi,welcome to the forum and part of your domain!Those male and female cham looks pretty well care:)
My question for u is that I hope no one smoke in your family right?cause I saw an ashtray on your cage floor,hopefully that is your food dish ,other than that,if you can tell us their feeder diet along with their supplements that will be helpful to determine if she is on the chubby side or not,thank you for sharing those pic with us:)

Hi RichNkiwi,welcome to the forum and part of your domain!Those male and female cham looks pretty well care:)
My question for u is that I hope no one smoke in your family right?cause I saw an ashtray on your cage floor,hopefully that is your food dish ,other than that,if you can tell us their feeder diet along with their supplements that will be helpful to determine if she is on the chubby side or not,thank you for sharing those pic with us:)

No no one smokes in our house! I use a ashtray as it's one of the only things I've found that worms cannot get out of! So helps keep track of what's been eaten and what hasn't!

I'm not too concerned about her weight because of what I feed her I just wanted to know if she looked about the right size as to me I think her belly looks a little plump and I've only had her for 4 days.

She pooed today for the first time too.

I just want to make sure she hasn't got any eggs is my main concern hence asking if she looks a little chubby lol

My guess was that she was around 8 months so I don't think I am too far off then

In this pic you can see the old shed I mentioned a little more!

:) 20160116_143505.jpg

Thanks for the swift replies!

Ha no worries,if u do see any decrease on her feeding patterns and restless type of climbing up and down,you should already set up a laying bin in her cage cause she is at that age ready to lay eggs,you can always gently feel her stomach to see if any eggs shape kind of touch in her abdominal area or bring her in for a vet check just to be sure everything is ok with her,if she is gravid im sure you will find that out soon on your own,good luck with her:)

Back
Top Bottom