New Trioceros werneri pics

shaneofall

The female / believe she lost the horn (not the horn-less locale)...
female_werneri_sm.jpg

Above shot, looks like she is ready...
female_werneri_girth_sm.jpg

The male...
male_werneri_sm.jpg

male drinking...
male-werneri_drinking_sm.jpg

They did a LOT of drinking (distilled water), misted on the leaves. Is anyone working with these guys?

None of the pics show up

Really? They show up on my computer. Is there a host everyone uses here, because I added them to my personal server (shaneofalltrades.com). I checked logged out in Firefox as well and they showed up. Can not check IE though. WAIT, I just remembered, my server blocks a lot of IP's outside of US. Let me fix that.

Nice. Be sure to hydrate the heck out of them. Drinking from the leaves is ok but they need their cage misted for long periods multiple times each day. Small meals a few times each day will help the female get some weight on.

Good luck with them!

Carl

Thanks Carl,

What temps are you at? I am going to set up my Chameleon room with a max high of maybe 72F and low of 60F and use ceramic heaters for those that like it a bit warmer. Then use misters/drippers.

Thanks Carl,

What temps are you at? I am going to set up my Chameleon room with a max high of maybe 72F and low of 60F and use ceramic heaters for those that like it a bit warmer. Then use misters/drippers.

For the summer all of my chameleons are outside. The werneri are in the woods and only get early morning sun. If temps get above 85f the mist sytems runs for a couple of hours and goes off every four hours. Nite temps have been dropping into the low 60f's. They will stay outside until day time temps don't get above the middle 60f's.

Before going outside the werneri were well aclimated inside. My chameleon room temps range from the mid 70f's during the day to the upper 50f's low 60f's at night. Humidity averages 50%-60% during the day and rises to above 80% at night. They get misted for 15 minutes multiple times during the day and night.

Hope that helps.

Carl

Back
Top Bottom