New trans veiled male

Hello,
Today got my new male veiled from lllreptile. Doing really well eat few crickets with cup feeding. Licked some drips an been all over cage.
Had a few questions he has really pink legs. Does he need any lotion or anything like that keep it moist. He's really trans I'll post a photo an about 2 inches nose to vent.
What would be recommended basking temps for veiled baby. Thinking 85 just a bit warmer then the Panthers.
Also I have a transplanted pothos in there. With a few pieces of perlite from organic potting soil mix. Should I be concerned of him eating this perlite? Thinking with him being so little. I took my other plant out that needs a little work. Took a photo of his setup. Just a temporary smaller cage until he gets huge. Like my other veiled.

Attachments

• 20211119_130135.jpg
    20211119_130135.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 20211119_115225.jpg
    20211119_115225.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 92
Congrats!!!! Which LLL? Thanks for sharing. The one in Oceanside (before their move) was my playground.. Love looking at all their critters.
New one is still nice. :) Can you share a pic of your adult? thanks
Nothing extra needed like with the silkie bearded (what a headache).
Congrats again!

Congrats!!!! Which LLL? Thanks for sharing. The one in Oceanside (before their move) was my playground.. Love looking at all their critters.
New one is still nice. :) Can you share a pic of your adult? thanks
Nothing extra needed like with the silkie bearded (what a headache).
Congrats again!
San Marcos CA with tracking label. Np I purchased from there main site. I contacted support an said had like 20 available. They keep there chameleons clean an good housing right?
Will do I think this adult came from lllreptile can't remember. Maybe was underground but won't purchase from them. Have my reasons I'll keep it as that.
He's around 3 years old. Had tongue issue to where it wouldn't expand. But vet did a x-ray an didn't notice any issue.
Changed his habitat to a bigger enclosure an added extra humidity. His fecal always been negative. He's not nicest Cham. But gives in pretty easily. Out of respect I only handle him when needed.
Great! Thought with trans type would need a lotion for cows. Can't remember the name of it. But was a black an white container. Seen it long ago. Why I avoided translucent type.
When you mentioned silkie beardie what came to mind lol.
But this pic is today. He's pretty healthy his last vet visit. Didn't find any major issues but being under weight. But am not seeing it.

Attachments

• 20211119_143238.jpg
    20211119_143238.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 84
Just can't wait until he gets to be a little bigger. Trans is showing everywhere. My wife says he looks creepy. But I love it. Her favorite is our male panther. But always tell her let him be.
An she knows an doesn't realize he doesn't like be handled.
We have a red female bearded dragon. That she loves to death. Doesn't get this panther chameleon. Doesn't want to be loved an held. Could be the same with the bearded dragon. But there bond I noticed is very close.
Maybe can change when he's older. But that reason he's with one of my female Panthers. In a quiet room upstairs away from high traffic areas in house. Separate enclosures of course.
Just can't get her to realize it.. my males don't like be held. Why I keep it to a twice a month with maintenance.. just been on her last few days. As two of the males are currently shedding. Let misting systems do there job an offer food. An let them be.

Was just mad she was handling our male panther during a full body shed. I know current issues am facing with male panther.
An handling isn't going help ATM.

Your male is popping with yellow and blues... WOW! Thanks for sharing can't wait for updates since your little fella will be pretty big in about 6 months.. (y)
JMO I really like most of the trans but there are many that almost look like a yellow albino-- Although unique, not my cup of tea for color.

Hello,
Today got my new male veiled from lllreptile. Doing really well eat few crickets with cup feeding. Licked some drips an been all over cage.
Had a few questions he has really pink legs. Does he need any lotion or anything like that keep it moist. He's really trans I'll post a photo an about 2 inches nose to vent.
What would be recommended basking temps for veiled baby. Thinking 85 just a bit warmer then .
Also I have a transplanted pothos in there. With a few pieces of perlite from organic potting soil mix. Should I be concerned of him eating this perlite? Thinking with him being so little. I took my other plant out that needs a little work. Took a photo of his setup. Just a temporary smaller cage until he gets huge. Like my other veiled.
Yes be concerned about perlite. As their tongues are so stong they pull in whatever they hit while hunting. I do not like rocks cause they can go down the gullet too. So i covered the soil of all my plants wirh screen. I tuck into down the sides then fold under any sharp edges. I am very happYt wirh how this works. super worms and other feeders cant burrow and i can keep an eye on feces and urates and remove easily without hampering watering the plants! never use lotion as it will interfere with shedding and could be disastorous to healrh of any chamekeon. The top layer of skin does not grow like ours does which is why they are dry shedders. Btw Doesnt look like a vieled looks like translucent.

Yes be concerned about perlite. As their tongues are so stong they pull in whatever they hit while hunting. I do not like rocks cause they can go down the gullet too. So i covered the soil of all my plants wirh screen. I tuck into down the sides then fold under any sharp edges. I am very happYt wirh how this works. super worms and other feeders cant burrow and i can keep an eye on feces and urates and remove easily without hampering watering the plants! never use lotion as it will interfere with shedding and could be disastorous to healrh of any chamekeon. The top layer of skin does not grow like ours does which is why they are dry shedders. Btw Doesnt look like a vieled looks like translucent.
That actually makes alot of sense think I'll try this with some plastic mesh. My male veiled are actually doing great!. Baby recently shed an stopped eating for a day. But started again. Seemed to like the small nutri grubs an crickets. I use river stones cover top of soil on plants. But mesh really liking. My plants recently in my chameleon cages pothos. Are growing fast actually took some cuttings. Made my own plant. Still have a mealy bug problem. Just keeling a close eye on it.

Attachments

• 20211130_004321.jpg
    20211130_004321.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 62
Your male is popping with yellow and blues... WOW! Thanks for sharing can't wait for updates since your little fella will be pretty big in about 6 months.. (y)
JMO I really like most of the trans but there are many that almost look like a yellow albino-- Although unique, not my cup of tea for color.
He's my older male an been doing so well. He's a low trans veiled. So can't wait see how this little one turns out.
Baby seems skiddish so I pop in once in while check him out. He usually basking an sees me an takes off. So I check temps add small crickets an mist. Let him be. I misted alittle more with his current shedding last two days.
Doesn't seem like misting to much. So adding another add on to my mistking. So don't have to mist that much. Just having issues there with dripping of the nozzle. May have to buy another mistking with 8 nozzles currently going. Seems be a pressure issue. Least he has a dripping system sorta. That he's drinking from.

Back
Top Bottom