New to this

He looks awesome!
Thanks!! I'm really loving this forum I was having a lot of trouble getting correct information, I have heard so many people from pet stores give me horrible advice. I got my Cham from craigslist, he wasn't necessarily being neglected but he was needed gone ASAP due to a divorce/Breakup, so the cham was not the first thing on both of there minds. I saw the post on c list and for the love of animals pulled the trigger. the lady and I arranged a time (she lived about 1 hour in the middle of nowhere) and I was promptly on time. she was not there after I drove for a hour. I was with my girlfriend and she went to ask the neighbors. when she got back I was shocked , apparently the police had been at the house the past few nights and she has seen some domestic violence right in the front yard many times. I waited for 25 minutes then decided to look around the house and boom . right in a weird room that was attached to the back of the garage was the chameleon and his really make shift cage(there was a ficus tree and a nicely made DIY humidifier/ fogger so at least the cage had something. anyways I couldn't handle seeing the reptile treated one more day in abuse so I slide the back window open and climbed in and let my girlfriend in side door. we assessed the situation as quick as possible. I put the Cham in a nice travel box, with a heat pad and moist blanket and a nice vine from the enclosure. (im not claiming to know much about chams and was hoping to ask the owner a few questions lol) any ways we packed up my truck with things that looked useful and left. we did not take any thing other than what was arranged I even forgot my favorite drill bit in there drill. but here is the really sad part she did not notice for almost 8 days the he was gone. she messaged me a week later saying "do you want to get this chameleon or should I find someone else". so in my head I think how the f**k was he gonna eat the past week there was no feeders in his cage and the ficus tree was definitely not gonna be enough. I know an adult can go a week without eating if healthy but he was not. I replied to her message telling her I had him and I thought that you wanted me to just grab him myself because I was there when we agreed and the door was open. she screamed and threatened with the police but then I sent her a picture of him in what was my best attempt at a REALLY REALLY fast cage for him to be until the bigger one was done. all she said after she saw that was "I'm sorry and thank you for taking him and caring" I'm sure she was doing a lot of yelling and screaming lately and it just seemed natural to yell at me. but once she saw the picture of her x pet happy it clearly defused the situation because I did break the law and enter her house with out permission and she could of went that route.

Sorry that did not mean to be such a huge thing but ya there ya go!!! I have had him for about 7 months and he has proven to be a great friend!

............. I waited for 25 minutes then decided to look around the house and boom . right in a weird room that was attached to the back of the garage was the chameleon and his really make shift cage............. so I slide the back window open and climbed in and let my girlfriend in side door. we assessed the situation as quick as possible. I put the Cham in a nice travel box, ..........she did not notice for almost 8 days the he was gone. ......

So basically you stole him......:coffee:

Last edited:
In a strange way yes , but was willing to take the punishment for doing so but lucky she didnt pursue investigation

Brave, heroic or just stupid....(your choice but I'm leaning towards stupid :rolleyes:), your lucky someone didn't see you, report you or just straight up shoot you. I suppose I'm glad this worked out for the Cham, but I would have had no problem shooting you and your girlfriend if you entered my home this way for any reason. The police would probably support my position as well. Just remember you don't make the laws. Breaking and entering is illegal. (y)

Thanks!! I'm really loving this forum I was having a lot of trouble getting correct information, I have heard so many people from pet stores give me horrible advice. I got my Cham from craigslist, he wasn't necessarily being neglected but he was needed gone ASAP due to a divorce/Breakup, so the cham was not the first thing on both of there minds. I saw the post on c list and for the love of animals pulled the trigger. the lady and I arranged a time (she lived about 1 hour in the middle of nowhere) and I was promptly on time. she was not there after I drove for a hour. I was with my girlfriend and she went to ask the neighbors. when she got back I was shocked , apparently the police had been at the house the past few nights and she has seen some domestic violence right in the front yard many times. I waited for 25 minutes then decided to look around the house and boom . right in a weird room that was attached to the back of the garage was the chameleon and his really make shift cage(there was a ficus tree and a nicely made DIY humidifier/ fogger so at least the cage had something. anyways I couldn't handle seeing the reptile treated one more day in abuse so I slide the back window open and climbed in and let my girlfriend in side door. we assessed the situation as quick as possible. I put the Cham in a nice travel box, with a heat pad and moist blanket and a nice vine from the enclosure. (im not claiming to know much about chams and was hoping to ask the owner a few questions lol) any ways we packed up my truck with things that looked useful and left. we did not take any thing other than what was arranged I even forgot my favorite drill bit in there drill. but here is the really sad part she did not notice for almost 8 days the he was gone. she messaged me a week later saying "do you want to get this chameleon or should I find someone else". so in my head I think how the f**k was he gonna eat the past week there was no feeders in his cage and the ficus tree was definitely not gonna be enough. I know an adult can go a week without eating if healthy but he was not. I replied to her message telling her I had him and I thought that you wanted me to just grab him myself because I was there when we agreed and the door was open. she screamed and threatened with the police but then I sent her a picture of him in what was my best attempt at a REALLY REALLY fast cage for him to be until the bigger one was done. all she said after she saw that was "I'm sorry and thank you for taking him and caring" I'm sure she was doing a lot of yelling and screaming lately and it just seemed natural to yell at me. but once she saw the picture of her x pet happy it clearly defused the situation because I did break the law and enter her house with out permission and she could of went that route.

Sorry that did not mean to be such a huge thing but ya there ya go!!! I have had him for about 7 months and he has proven to be a great friend!
Now you know why they are getting a divorce. Well done. If you had not taken the cham, I'd bet it would gave died. Nice save my friend.

Back
Top Bottom