New to this! Help Welcomed :)

Thanks for the tips! I will for sure. I thought it would be plenty until I started putting them in haha :eek:

I'm up checking on him at 3am. I feel like I have a newborn baby again!! He seems content? Temps are good. His tail is all curled up. image.jpg
attachment.php

Last edited:
slowly adding more

A fake plant & two vines. He was not too happy, so I'll add more once he's comfortable 20151012_154517.jpg

20151012_160426.jpg

I'm assuming that coloration is him telling me to get out of his space! Sorry Ninja!!!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah they don't like anything new added to their space ever and he'll probably pout about for a day or two until he realizes he likes the extra cover, little drama queens <3

& boy does he pout!!! But he hasn't gotten completely dark brown or black (other then when they put him in the container when I bought him). He's only eaten like 4 crickets since I got him around this time yesterday. They said he's supposed to eat around 10. It's hard because I don't want to leave them inside (fiber glass screen) but I don't want to keep putting my hands in his cage. No wonder why some members test newbie want to be chameleon owners! Most people want an easy pet they can handle.... Luckily I have patience! To be continued... :D;)

& boy does he pout!!! But he hasn't gotten completely dark brown or black (other then when they put him in the container when I bought him). He's only eaten like 4 crickets since I got him around this time yesterday. They said he's supposed to eat around 10. It's hard because I don't want to leave them inside (fiber glass screen) but I don't want to keep putting my hands in his cage. No wonder why some members test newbie want to be chameleon owners! Most people want an easy pet they can handle.... Luckily I have patience! To be continued... :D;)

You could try a feeder cup they are fairly easy to make. I took one of those Dixie cups the plastic ones they use to give you samples with at the store. Put a screen in the bottom so the misting water don't drowned the insects. Some take to it quite readily some like mine are a bit more finicky, and can take it or leave it. Worth a try if you don't want your crickets free ranging. :)

Yea, that's what I am going to do after this batch of crickets. I actually freaked out & dropped three (I think only 3) outside of the cage. & they do not chirp so I've been itchy for days . My dog got 2 of them. Haha... I do not think I'm more ready to try another food option. :D:D

Another question! Is it normal for Chams to like a cool breeze? I opened the window to let some fresh air in & the little guy basically ran to the side of the cage closest to the window & got comfy. I didn't leave it open too long but if it's okay I will. The temp was at around 68/70. He didn't turn brown or his pissy either. Or should I cover the cage when I do it from now on?

Some say not to leave them in front of an A/C unit. But I don't think a little breeze will hurt him after all they get a breeze when they go outside for some sun. I have a computer fan on the top of my enclosure to help bring the temps down at night, and I have not had any issues. Sorry it took me so long to get back with you been busy. I hope your still on this thread. :)

He just started his 1st shed today... I feel like a proud mother hahaha. He is a bit pissed that i'm taking a picture... so he is a little "big and bad" :rolleyes:

xxsoseductivexx-albums-ninja-picture31638-ninja-just-started-shedding-sometime-between-morning-afternoon-when-i-got-home-work.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom