new to the world of chameleons in search of some answers

irvnav

Ok hello guys im new here I have had an interest in chameleons since I can remember I just like the way they look and move anyways,
I have a couple of questions I was wondering if you guys could help me
I live in the desert and we have an ac system I keep my temperature at a constant 78 degrees when im home and 83 when im away will this be ideal for a veil chameleon,jackson or panther?

Is humidity a factor and since my ac and fan are always on will this affect the chameleons?

I have heard that plants can be keept in the enclosure is there certain plants I should keep away from?

Can chameleons be kept outside when temperatures are 90 in the shade?

Can I keep a pair on one enclosure or will they fight?

What kind of substrate is the best and requires less cleaning?

What is the best source for buying chameleons? Not necessarily the cheapest but the healthiest

Thank you for your time and help

Ok hello guys im new here I have had an interest in chameleons since I can remember I just like the way they look and move anyways,
I have a couple of questions I was wondering if you guys could help me
I live in the desert and we have an ac system I keep my temperature at a constant 78 degrees when im home and 83 when im away will this be ideal for a veil chameleon,jackson or panther?
I would go for a veiled chameleon as they are more tolerable to higher temperatures. You would still need a basking spot of 92f so there is an area with a higher temperature in the cage for them to bask alongside the uv bulb.

Is humidity a factor and since my ac and fan are always on will this affect the chameleons?
The ac will probably dry the air out but chameleons require peaks of high humidity, not constant so spraying a few times a
day will give that. You can always invest in an automatic misting system to mist when you are out.

I have heard that plants can be keep in the enclosure is there certain plants I should keep away from?
The best ones for chameleons are ficus, umbrella, pothos and hibiscus. There is a list of safe plants on here somewhere.
Can chameleons be kept outside when temperatures are 90 in the shade?
If the chameleon is well hydrated and in shade it should be ok for a veiled to go out for short periods of time. I have no experience in this so am probably no the best to ask.
Can I keep a pair on one enclosure or will they fight?
One per cage with no real exceptions

What kind of substrate is the best and requires less cleaning?
You do not want to be using any substrate as it can easily be eat. No substrate is easier to keep clean too.

What is the best source for buying chameleons? Not necessarily the cheapest but the healthiest
all the site sponsers are good and sell healthy chameleons.

Thank you for your time and help

Answers in red.

Welcome.

All good questions. The answers you seek are everywhere here. Please read the different forums because the same questions have been answered dozens if not hundreds of times.

Read first!

Thank you guys for the replies and for the links as well, I have been trying to look a t a ton of info from this forum but sometimes it is just too much

Back
Top Bottom