New to the cham world

lnsomnia

Hey guys! First post here, certainly not my last! :)

I've been reading up on here for a while now, and decided that I'm ready to take care of my first chameleon. It all started from a simple trip to Petsmart, and a juvenile veiled chameleon caught my eye.

At that point, I went home and did my research. Most google searches took me here, so here I am with my own account here now!

Anyways, I just bought a small complete chameleon setup from FLchams and I plan on ordering a veiled baby directly from them as soon I have the cage setup.

I guess this was pretty much just an introductory post of mine, but I was also wondering if anyone could give me some points of advice that I may have not already read on here?

Also, does anyone have any personal experience with FLchams? I'm very excited and I hope my kit gets here soon!

Hey guys! First post here, certainly not my last! :)

I've been reading up on here for a while now, and decided that I'm ready to take care of my first chameleon. It all started from a simple trip to Petsmart, and a juvenile veiled chameleon caught my eye.

At that point, I went home and did my research. Most google searches took me here, so here I am with my own account here now!

Anyways, I just bought a small complete chameleon setup from FLchams and I plan on ordering a veiled baby directly from them as soon I have the cage setup.

I guess this was pretty much just an introductory post of mine, but I was also wondering if anyone could give me some points of advice that I may have not already read on here?

Also, does anyone have any personal experience with FLchams? I'm very excited and I hope my kit gets here soon!

FLchams is an extremely professional chameleon company. You will most likely get amazing service from them.

My only advice is do as much research as possible before the baby gets here.

Start with a simple caresheet about baby veileds, read up a ton on them.

FLchams is an extremely professional chameleon company. You will most likely get amazing service from them.

My only advice is do as much research as possible before the baby gets here.

Start with a simple caresheet about baby veileds, read up a ton on them.

Quick reply! Awesome!

Glad to hear some positive feedback from FLchams. I haven't actually ordered a baby yet. All I have purchased is the kit to care for one. After that gets here I'll order a baby. I already have one in mind!

I've read that there is a bit of debate between a veiled cham vs a panther cham as a first time cham owner. I decided to go with veiled however. Can't wait to care for my baby!

Welcome to the Forums, glad to have you here! As SaintJimmy said do tons and tons of research and if there is anything you are unsure of be sure and ask, there are a lot of people here with tons of knowledge that love to help.

Welcome to the Forums, glad to have you here! As SaintJimmy said do tons and tons of research and if there is anything you are unsure of be sure and ask, there are a lot of people here with tons of knowledge that love to help.

Thanks! Seems like this forums is actually quite a bit more active than I thought! I hope to be as knowledgable as some of you guys on here one day. :p

Thanks! Seems like this forums is actually quite a bit more active than I thought! I hope to be as knowledgable as some of you guys on here one day. :p

Oh, trust me, once you get your chameleon, you will probably be non stop reading about them. I swear I learn something new about them every day.

The forum is very active, which is surprising due to it's strange specialty in chameleons. You'd think not too many people own chameleons, but think again! They're quite common among reptile keepers.

A key piece of advice on the forums: Do not be intimidated by senior members or moderators, everyone on here started out as a junior member.

The reason we are promoted (something along those lines) is because we did much research, helped others, and are willing to help again and again!

So there is definitely no doubt we will be back to help you with your chameleon pet.

Good luck! Remember research research research!

Oh, trust me, once you get your chameleon, you will probably be non stop reading about them. I swear I learn something new about them every day.

The forum is very active, which is surprising due to it's strange specialty in chameleons. You'd think not too many people own chameleons, but think again! They're quite common among reptile keepers.

A key piece of advice on the forums: Do not be intimidated by senior members or moderators, everyone on here started out as a junior member.

The reason we are promoted (something along those lines) is because we did much research, helped others, and are willing to help again and again!

So there is definitely no doubt we will be back to help you with your chameleon pet.

Good luck! Remember research research research!

Thank you so much guys! I look forwarding to spending a decent amount of time on here.

Back
Top Bottom