New to chameleons and took pet shop advice?? Now I'm worried! Can anybody help or guide me from here?

Ok makes sense I did wonder that myself. It was a bit of an impulse buy because I wanted to be sure he had the opportunity to drink whenever he chooses until I'm happy he's hydrated and feeding and settled in. So a run to waste system is the way to go then no problem, how much water do you get through in a day/week?

Not that much, honestly. In my 16x16x30, I average out at about 1/2 - 1 liter a day, with my 36x18x36 taking 1-1 1/2 liters. I exclusively handmist right now, though when I had my MistKing hooked up, the finer spay was using significantly less.

Make sure you have some sort of drainage prepared! Before I went bioactive, i had drilled holes in the center of the ReptiBreeze bottom panel with a catchment tray underneath. It looks like you have a wooden viv? Full pictures of the enclosure from the lights down will help us help you :)

I made my own dripper to give my chams water throughout the day. They drink from the dripper more often than they do from their mister. They are SUPER cheap, SUPER easy to make, and much safer than a waterfall.

I agree with @GoodKarma19 to get a good drainage put in place. I show mine at 4:25 of this video:

Back
Top Bottom