new to all this

vpg1978

hi guys im a bit new to all this i am bringing home my baby yemen tomorrow and im excited and a little scared aswell i hope my vivarium is ok for it the breeder said it is so i think im ok.
any way thought id say hi to you all :)

Hello, and good luck on getting your new cham? i bet your excited, i know i was. Have you had any other reptiles or will this be your first?

im really excited i cant wait this will be my first ever chameleon just hope i no enough ive been reading loads of books and researching loads of stuff:)

Hey VPG1978,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new friend. There are lots of extremely knowledgeable people here that will help you with any questions you may have.

Are you able to post a pic of your cham's new home? Then perhaps others may be able to give you some suggestions that could help ensure you have the proper setup.

Good luck with your new cham!!

Dyesub Dave. :D

ihave heard some bad things about yemens being aggressive im now abit worried that mine will be i havent chosen him yet but im getting a boy and ive got the name im going to look at the breeders hatchlings there are 6 boys to choose from what do u suggest i look for

Sorry ... I can't be of help there as I've only had Veiled Chameleons thus far! I'm sure somebody else here will have some experience with these chams though !!

Dyesub Dave. :D

Yeah veiled chameleons are known for there aggression. My male who is 3 months, turns dark black and will stand on his two hind legs, and open his mouth wide and start hissing as soon as i zip down his cage. but once he's on my hand he's as cool as ever. my female is a bit more calm. she rarely will challenge me.

Welcome!

Welcome to the group :)

You stand a better chance of having a less aggressive male since you are getting what sounds like a captive bred juvenile. My one male is an adult wild caught and I just let him be the hissy pissy grumpy male that he is. I still enjoy him immensely. Don't handle your new boy much until he gets settled in. Let his behavior be your guide as he matures. Handle him slowly and and don't get impatient with the process. He needs to learn to trust you and your movements. If you don't create traumatic experiences in the beginning by handling him too much you will have a better chance of being able to interact successfully with him for years to come. Post pictures of your cage and your boy when you get him. We enjoy seeing what other people do. People new to the hobby can come up with interesting things that give inspiration to others :) :)

well i have a picture not quite sure if i can put it on here but ill try this is eragon hes just come home today hes so cute Image013.jpg

he is really cute, i have a male veiled and not once has he tried to bite me or show any aggression. he comes out and sits on my shoulder. Every cham is different lets hope yours is like this. Good luck and welcome this forum is great.

Back
Top Bottom