New Roach Species Colony

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
I got a new colony in trade for a small colony of my giant canyon isopods. 35+ Surinam Roaches, adults and nymphs, for around the same amount of my isopods, my isopods will likely have an increased number, because every scoop of their substrate has about 15 young, super tiny little ones.

The adults are rather small, getting no larger than 1/2 an inch, they are an entirely female species. They can reproduce almost in any temp, most cool temps or most higher, but they need loose soil and prefer something like green houses. Some lager nymphs can climb, all adults can, but they don't get out often. And they eat like machines. So depending on where you live I would not recommend them as a species to keep because they can become pests. But they are burrowers, so they aren't likely to leave their bins, and I have bins I can recommend that are slick sided, but as far as getting out of enclosures it is a possiblity.

They are super soft in both adult and nymph forms. I want them mostly for my smaller species of reptiles and insectivore insects and arachnids Etc. They breed fast and gutload easy, they need their soil moist but if you keep their air in their bins relatively dry they won't venture out much.

Back
Top Bottom