New Rescue Veiled coming in tomorrow

So Neptune cannot go outside unsurpervised EVER no matter if the cage is secure or not. Little brat got out again from a tiny hole I usually retrieve him from, took me taking him out that way two times before he learned where it was. I left for 15 minutes after my usual check and checking again in the next 15 minutes he was gone and nowhere to be seen. I was kind of in awe. Such a smart little chameleon. Pain in the butt, but smart. I looked at the nightshade and specifically where he last went. Nowhere to be seen. I checked a couple other areas in the backyard, and then went next door and explained to my neighbords, they let me looks and I found him in the nightshade, completely opposite area of where I last found him.... I swear he planned that... Such a strange and smart creature. And pissed. All the hissing and gaping and angry colors. XD He's so endearing even when mad.

So Neptune cannot go outside unsurpervised EVER no matter if the cage is secure or not. Little brat got out again from a tiny hole I usually retrieve him from, took me taking him out that way two times before he learned where it was. I left for 15 minutes after my usual check and checking again in the next 15 minutes he was gone and nowhere to be seen. I was kind of in awe. Such a smart little chameleon. Pain in the butt, but smart. I looked at the nightshade and specifically where he last went. Nowhere to be seen. I checked a couple other areas in the backyard, and then went next door and explained to my neighbords, they let me looks and I found him in the nightshade, completely opposite area of where I last found him.... I swear he planned that... Such a strange and smart creature. And pissed. All the hissing and gaping and angry colors. XD He's so endearing even when mad.
Neptune is determined to visit the neighborhood . What a naughty little boy !!. This cracks me up . I know not you so much . They are smart very smart .

He's definitely feeling better, when I took him out this morning his feet are shaking but barely compared to when he first came. It's amazing how much he's turned around in such a short time. Mom says she kind of in awe at how well he's doing even if it's at our expense XD

So just weighed Neptune after about 2 weeks of food and good water intake, he is wavering between 69 grams and 70 grams, we are getting there. This makes me positive he doesn't have parasites ( at least not bad enough they are an issue) but it's likely a vitamin/mineral deficiency makes his tongue not work, then long term dehydration doesn't help before he got to @Katacara she says he was really bad, and he started to revert pretty quickly just from two days of shipping. Though now he's back to where he needs to be. I am so happy with here he is. ^^

I wish this poor chameleon had been turned over to the Gecko Sanctuary in my home town. Instead he was hauled across the state and then shipped across the country at 8 months old only to end up looking horrible in these pictures. I have never seen this poor little guy look so awful. I can only assume it was from all the stress in the past month but thankfully he is still alive.

As the Old Adage goes : No good deed goes unpunished. Next time I will be sure not to let a 2 legged snake into my house

Was he originally yours? If so you have a lot of adjustments in your husbandry you need to do before you take on another. The amount of calcium and vitamin deficiency he shows would be more than just 1 month, would likely be over at least 2 or three months.

Why do you think this gecko sanctuary knows anything about chameleons? I was given him because I do chameleon rehabs ALL the time and he was currently not ill to the point that shipping would cause too much issues. He is also stunted and skinny which means he hasn't been eating enough for at least 2 months before he came into my care, more likely 3. The only reason he is currently gaining weight is because i am force feeding because he won't cup and feed and cannot shoot his tongue at all. Don't come onto this thread and thrash me for doing something you couldn't do.

I blame MYSELF fully for letting him be shipped to Timbuktu and he looks horrible. Just my opinion. I am sure you are far more skilled at chameleon husbandry than I could ever dream of being, but since everyone is entitled to their own opinion, mine is that in retrospect, I wish I had found someone closer. He does not need the added stress.

I sincerely hope he makes it

This "2 legged snake" took in a very sick cham, and when it was beyond my ability to nurse him back to health I sent him to someone who could (a huge thank you to @Andee). He was in such bad shape when I got him! I found so many roaches and dead superworms in his old enclosure it was obvious he had not been eating for quite some time!! Not to mention how bad everything stunk!! He was also very dehydrated from lack of proper misting!! Oh and did I mention how all he had was fake plants?

I feel bad for that poor Jacksons!! When he is real sick from improper care you can give him to that rescue place, because I doubt anyone will bail you out again!! And unless you make/made some MAJOR changes to the way you where keeping that jacksons when I picked up Neptune all you are doing is tormenting another innocent chameleon!!

Don't come here bashing me because I did what was best for Neptune and because I told the truth to the person who was nice enough to take him in and care for him!!! Either you have 0 knowledge about chameleons or you flat out lied to me when you said he was perfectly healthy. As soon as I saw him I knew he was not healthy and I knew I had to get him out of your care. Don't even think about bashing me again for your ineptitude!! I am definitely not the snake in this scenario!!!

Idk why you think he looks horrible, where does he look horrible in my pictures? Other than being thin you don't get to see any symptoms that he shows in my pictures. Which his legs and feet shake desperately from being months with your proper calcium supplements and that is completely your fault @ali9021, he also shows signs of long term dehydration. Also your fault, thankfully @Katacara got him to a decent hydration level before shipping and then spent 2 more days making sure he had extra fluids on board. He is gaining weight in my care which if I am correct he likely gained weight in @Katacara's care as well. He needs a lot more since he is growing and had shed twice with me. You have a Jackson's... I hope that little one is being taken care of correctly. Don't come onto a thread where I have already spending around 100+ dollars on an animal who has no need to be like this. In the next week so I can get him where he needs to be. I spend two hours-3 hours outside watching him like a hawk now so he still gets the best uvb possible on a regular basis but can't take off like he has shown he's prone to do.

Idk why you think he looks horrible, where does he look horrible in my pictures? Other than being thin you don't get to see any symptoms that he shows in my pictures. Which his legs and feet shake desperately from being months with your proper calcium supplements and that is completely your fault @ali9021, he also shows signs of long term dehydration. Also your fault, thankfully @Katacara got him to a decent hydration level before shipping and then spent 2 more days making sure he had extra fluids on board. He is gaining weight in my care which if I am correct he likely gained weight in @Katacara's care as well. He needs a lot more since he is growing and had shed twice with me. You have a Jackson's... I hope that little one is being taken care of correctly. Don't come onto a thread where I have already spending around 100+ dollars on an animal who has no need to be like this. In the next week so I can get him where he needs to be. I spend two hours-3 hours outside watching him like a hawk now so he still gets the best uvb possible on a regular basis but can't take off like he has shown he's prone to do.
Agreed from the first pic to now he looks so much better still He has a way to go . I wish @Katacara had pic from when she had got him . So we could see the changes through the weeks . @ali9021 @Andee is amazing this is what she does she rehabs sick animals . You said you cannot take care of the Chameleon. No matter how this happened use this to sharpen your Husbandry so the same mistakes don't happen agin . Neptune is in wonderful hands . You can watch his progress . I would think you would be happy Neptune is with Andee .

I never once said that Andees skills were not respectable or not far superior to mine. When I give away a chameleon and 300 plus dollars worth of supplies to a 2 legged snake than yes I have a small issue with that. As stated before I sincerely want the best for this chameleon and bringing my other pets into this is in fact a witch hunt. I told this "person" that I suspected he had MBD from being a PetSmart cham but I do not appreciate the blaming and finger pointing. Are you a vet? I was advised to save my money and take this chameleon outside as much as possible instead of taking him to a vet but since Florence Nightingale turned it into a witchhunt I guess I have a reason to be upset

Nothing but a witch hunt.

As I stated before I hope he makes it

We hadn't even mentioned you in this thread I didn't even know your name on the forum... how can it be a witch hun when you were the person to post a message... what did you think waa going to happen when you posted that post and started bashing people who want nothing but the good for their chams?

Plus saving your money and taking him outside never fixes AND liquid calcium is the only thing that fixes it. Though sunlight can help.

I never once said that Andees skills were not respectable or not far superior to mine. When I give away a chameleon and 300 plus dollars worth of supplies to a 2 legged snake than yes I have a small issue with that. As stated before I sincerely want the best for this chameleon and bringing my other pets into this is in fact a witch hunt. I told this "person" that I suspected he had MBD from being a PetSmart cham but I do not appreciate the blaming and finger pointing. Are you a vet? I was advised to save my money and take this chameleon outside as much as possible instead of taking him to a vet but since Florence Nightingale turned it into a witchhunt I guess I have a reason to be upset
Let's get something straight @Katacara is not a 2 Legged snake . She took in a chameleon (your chameleon) then realized it needed more then she could provide and contacted Andee . Andee rehabs that's her job . Andee is doing a wonderful job , has great vets and is capable . Isn't that what you wanted all along ? I hope you can see the bright side of this .

I will just say this

1) You contacted me about taking in you cham because you could not care for him
2) You offered his supplies because I was honest with you and told you I couldn't afford a new setup at the time
3) I flat out told you that if I could not turn him around I was going to send him to someone who could
4) All the sunshine in the world will not fix poor care, and dehydration

I went out of my way not to make any mention of who I got Neptune from because of how bad you cared for him. We did not bring you into this thread you jumped in on your own. And it seems like the reason you jumped in was to bash me by calling me a "2 legged snake". It also seems that the reason you think this of me is because I sent Neptune to someone who has way more experience rehabbing chams than I do. So if taking in a sick cham from someone who cannot care for him, then doing what is in that chams best interest makes me a snake, then I guess I'm a snake for doing the right thing!

I think it is time for you to stop trying to defend your poor care by name calling and bashing the people who cared/care enough for Neptune to do what is right for him. I also think it's time for you to stop posting in this thread if all you have to say is negative or insulting.

I know I would personally like to get back to Neptune the escape artist chameleon, after all that is what this thread is about.

I will just say this

1) You contacted me about taking in you cham because you could not care for him
2) You offered his supplies because I was honest with you and told you I couldn't afford a new setup at the time
3) I flat out told you that if I could not turn him around I was going to send him to someone who could
4) All the sunshine in the world will not fix poor care, and dehydration

I went out of my way not to make any mention of who I got Neptune from because of how bad you cared for him. We did not bring you into this thread you jumped in on your own. And it seems like the reason you jumped in was to bash me by calling me a "2 legged snake". It also seems that the reason you think this of me is because I sent Neptune to someone who has way more experience rehabbing chams than I do. So if taking in a sick cham from someone who cannot care for him, then doing what is in that chams best interest makes me a snake, then I guess I'm a snake for doing the right thing!

I think it is time for you to stop trying to defend your poor care by name calling and bashing the people who cared/care enough for Neptune to do what is right for him. I also think it's time for you to stop posting in this thread if all you have to say is negative or insulting.

I know I would personally like to get back to Neptune the escape artist chameleon, after all that is what this thread is about.
Agreed amber ;) did Mr. Neptune have any antics up his sleeve for you today ?.

Back
Top Bottom