New quadricornis from recent import

ponders

Chameleon Enthusiast
Here is a picture of a new male I added to my breeding project. He's a little rough around the edges.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 393
He looks pretty good Tylene. I hope all 20 of the ones I got for our group look as good as yours. Doesn't seem fair, I make the deal and will mostly likely be the last to actually get my chams because of where I live. But I hope all of you post pictures. Congrats

Hey Tylene, he definitely looks like one of the better ones from this shipment. As for being "rough around the edges", it looks like your CBB have spoiled you and me both. Did you guys happen to get any of the gracilior?

Hey Tylene, he definitely looks like one of the better ones from this shipment. As for being "rough around the edges", it looks like your CBB have spoiled you and me both. Did you guys happen to get any of the gracilior?

I got a pair of the gracilior by accident.

Yeah, when you have CBB, you expect them to be perfect:)

I got a pair of the gracilior by accident.

Do I sense a bias against them or is this just not where your current focus lies? Chuck G has a gorgeous one posted on his Heroic Chameleons facebook page (Oct. 1, 2014). I've kept and bred them more than a decade ago before my career then family induced hiatus. Finally getting back into one of my first loves. Always been enamored by the cristatus complex (and most all chameleons for that matter) especially. So hard to choose between apples, oranges, peaches, pears and etc. I have at least pared it down to montanes now. Hope all your acclimations go well. Good luck to everyone.

Do I sense a bias against them or is this just not where your current focus lies? Chuck G has a gorgeous one posted on his Heroic Chameleons facebook page (Oct. 1, 2014). I've kept and bred them more than a decade ago before my career then family induced hiatus. Finally getting back into one of my first loves. Always been enamored by the cristatus complex (and most all chameleons for that matter) especially. So hard to choose between apples, oranges, peaches, pears and etc. I have at least pared it down to montanes now. Hope all your acclimations go well. Good luck to everyone.

Laurie and the others are mainly focusing on the nominate form, T.q. quadricornis. Nonetheless, knowing Laurie, she won't ever deny some quads

Chase

Yes there is a bias. If they come to my home, I will fall in love with them!!! I need to stay focused. I am working with some friends, and we are going q,quads. As with everyone space is an issue.

Funny, I bought a pair of gracilior from Chuck G. A couple years ago. Chuck only has quality. We should all have the quality he has.

Nice to talk to you.

Last edited:
Yes there is a bias. If they come to my home, I will fall in love with them!!! I need to stay focused. I am working with some friends, and we are going q,quads. As with everyone space is an issue.

Funny, I bought a pair of gracilior from Chuck G. A couple years ago. chuck only has quality.

Nice to talk to you.

I always have room for some quadricornis, even if they are gracilior ;)

Chase

I always have room for some quadricornis, even if they are gracilior ;)

Chase

Sorry Chase, they were gone from the time I knew they were in my shipment. You know the drill, do something for someone who was super helpful to me. But at least you are in the helpful line - just not to the front yet.:)

Last edited:
Gracilior are wonderful! But, as Laurie said, if you are going to make a real long term difference you have to focus. And as painful as that is (I almost added some montium to my order), it is truly what is needed. So, there is nothing wrong with gracilior! We just had to pick one chameleon species/subspecies!
Bill

Gracilior are wonderful! But, as Laurie said, if you are going to make a real long term difference you have to focus. And as painful as that is (I almost added some montium to my order), it is truly what is needed. So, there is nothing wrong with gracilior! We just had to pick one chameleon species/subspecies!
Bill

Your commendability goes without saying. Been a fan of yours since the C.I.N. days. I acquired a pair of quad quads and gracilior. Along with 2.3 montiums and 1.3 cristatus. Hopefully others have success so that if I'm lucky enough to need future bloodlines, there will be some available. And if things work out how I'd like, that's not something you guys will have to worry about so much. Great job. My admiration goes to all keepers like you. Thanks.

Here he is, 4 months later. Still has rub marks down the spine, growing slowly but doing fine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 208
Back
Top Bottom