new pygmys

andy321

I got my first bearded pygmy chameleons yesterday they are awsome! But i do have one question do they usually hide for a few days then come out more

I got my first bearded pygmy chameleons yesterday they are awsome! But i do have one question do they usually hide for a few days then come out more

I just recently picked up 8 Pygmys from FLCHams. Usually I can find about two of them :D ... Today was a good day and I could see about 7 of the 8. They like to find a spot . Sit there for a day , then move. Thats about it.

sure that be great. I have some hatchling common snapping turtles that I'm going to try and post tomorrow.

I always love pictures. :) I will try to get some pics of my little guys and post them.

I house 1.3 in a 20 gal (Tall tank) that is full of plants and cover. Very full. The females are starting to sleep together. I will get some pics of my enclosures.

The one that I thought was the female died today so now im down to one but i might get some more when i have the money and cant get any clear pics but when i do ill post them

I just recently picked up 8 Pygmys from FLCHams.

Glad to see some one is keeping the economy going...

Pigs, sambavas, ambilobes, ambanjas, carpets.......:D

Would you like a translucent veiled, too?
If I'm not mistaken, I have a female available.;)

also just got pygmy chams

Seems like FLChams is the place to get pygmy chams. I just got 4 2mo captive hatched. I don't have them in the terrarium yet (much too small). I have them in a plastic rubber-maid like container with moist paper towel in the bottom, silk vines to climb on, and a screen top with a UVB bulb above the enclosure, on during the day.

I try to keep insects available at all times, however every time I mist, the water droplets kill most of the crickets. I am also feeding fruit flies (supposedly wingless...haha), however I have already found many that have escaped and are flying around my house.

Has anyone else had these issues and what have they done to correct them?

Thanks for your help!

Issues: the crickets; I would say put something on the bottom of whatever you are using so they have elevation although those must be some pretty large water drops to drown the crickets...

and for the fruit flies..all you can do is catch them. a glass of apple vinegar works well, or a glass of wine.. We get ours in the summer by the sink, so i leave a glass there. Make a tunnel cone, like a paper telescope but looks like an ice cream cone shape, and sit it int he glass where the bottom sits above the top of the liquid.. they get in but they cant get out..Mwahaha.:)

Wow just realized this was from October..

Back
Top Bottom