New Pygmy's! Confirm Gender pls?

kmisher

My precious pygmys are here! Looking for confirmation on sex (they are supposed to be a pair). I am seeing pic A as being male, and pic B as female. Neither photo is particularly good for these purposes, but I didn't want to stress them too much on their arrival yesterday. They did eat a few crickets on day one though!

Thanks!
Karen

Attachments

• Pic A Piccolo.jpg
    Pic A Piccolo.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 322
  • Pic B JuJuBee.jpg
    Pic B JuJuBee.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 324
I will take a few more pictures today. This means I will need to get at least 2 more females. I purchased through Backwater Reptiles. Anyone have experience with them? Might go to FL Chams next unless anyone has a better source.

Yeah i'd say two males as well, based on the dorsal crest & tail length/thickness.

I personally have not had any success keeping them in pairs or trios. But many people have. I much prefer to keep them individually & introduce them for breeding. Much as you would for other, larger species.

Yeah i'd say two males as well, based on the dorsal crest & tail length/thickness.
Pic two is 100% male.

I personally have not had any success keeping them in pairs or trios. But many people have. I much prefer to keep them individually & introduce them for breeding. Much as you would for other, larger species.
Good luck with yours & keep a close eye on them if your housing them together. I have found brevicaudatus to be the most aggressive pygmy species i have kept.

Sorry for double post... thought i was just editing my last post.

CanvasChameleons breeds and sells CBB brevs. I recently got four females from them, and they're awesome! :) I still need to give the ladies a photo shoot. Kyle and the Henns really know their stuff and are fantastic at giving advice on care, too.
I bought my original trio from another source and ended up with two males. If the seller isn't really familiar with brevs, it can happen. Some of the brevs are like the Saturday Night Live character Pat. ;)

Back
Top Bottom