New plants not doing so well in the first couple days

Tatezor

So I built an enclosure got the proper plant lighting and planted my plants. Is it expected that they don't do so good in the first couple days before taking off or is something wrong.. I am worried. Maybe I have my mister going off too much? Leaves look sorta wily or droopy on viney plants and more then expected leaves on my ficus are falling off..
I was told the first weeks are crucial and to make sure they stay nice and watered. I'm hoping that this is normal as they were put into new substrate and that they will take off and do well. Please help!

This is the terrarium.

Attachments

• 20181202_164443.jpg
    20181202_164443.jpg
    489 KB · Views: 94
I don’t have the greenest thumb when it comes to plants, but you need to have more branches and vines everywhere throughout the enclosure, along with more plant cover (real or fake) in the upper and middle parts of the cage. Great start, though!

I don’t have the greenest thumb when it comes to plants, but you need to have more branches and vines everywhere throughout the enclosure, along with more plant cover (real or fake) in the upper and middle parts of the cage. Great start, though!
I have thought that but I was hoping once my vines grew out before I put her in I would get more coverage. I worry about adding more and losing even more light to my plants

Any time you re-pot a plant your going to do damage to the root structure and that will make any plant droop for a few days. Give it a few more days, just be sure not to over-water them.
I was hoping I wasnt doing something wrong. I read that the first couple weeks are crucial and to make sure the soil stayed moist. So I hope I'm not overwatering but I am deffinatly keeping the soil moist

I wouldn't be too worried about the ficus. One of their common names is the "weeping fig" for a reason! When they undergo a sudden change in environment, they tend to drop leaves like crazy. But they bounce back (y)

Back
Top Bottom