New pics of Zaphod, my Nosy Mitsio, approx 11 months old

Echoezra

Established Member
Here's a couple pics of Zaphod.
He's a son of Chameleon Nation's Mufasa & Lexus, & a grandson of Screameleons' GT3.

I took like 20 pictures, but all in the same position, lol, He still doesn't like to be held, so I just kind of have to freeze in one position, or else he tries to climb onto my head. :rolleyes:
He seemed to be asking to come out, that's what inspired the impromtu photo session. He's never done that before. I leave the screens partially undone when I'm going to be hanging out in their room for a while (figure it makes them feel slightly less confined) and Zaphod kept coming up and hanging out at the foremost part of a vine that runs along the front now, like looking straight out at me. So I went over there and asked, "what's up dude? wanna come out?" First I put an extra vine up to his, to see if he'd climb on it, but I tried to move it a little closer and accidentally tapped his nose ever so slightly by accident, and felt SO bad, I ruined everything. He was like, "did you really just shove that thing in my face?" - looked so disgusted by my stupidity. lol. Climbed slowly away. :(
But then about a half hour later, he was back in the same spot, staring at me again. So this time I used my hand. Which he hates, of course. lol. But he didn't hiss or snap at me, just blew up, opened mouth and stared wildly at the hand. But didn't move away, let me slowly slide it up against him, then he climbed on, only mildly protesting about having to release his tail from the vine too. :)
So we snapped a few pictures. He did turn some awfully pretty colours. :D
I tried to take him outside for a quick test, but it turns out even though it was pretty warm in the house, it was actually pretty windy outside. not cold, but too windy. But he didn't freak out, just darkened up from the little chill.
Took him back in and put him back in his cage for him to warm back up.
I have to say, any interaction with him is such a nice treat, and I've been really worried about him and handling, but even though he's still not digging it, really, this time sure seemed like a big improvement over the last "outing". :)
I think he'll come around for sure, when I have some real sun to take him out in. I'm getting really excited for summer now. :D

Tell me what you think, about how he's looking?

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Carol. :) I swear he looks a little different every day, it's so cool. I never noticed the orange around his blue stripe today, I love that combo. :)
Anyways, so glad you guys like him too. Yay!
If you two could take a peek at the thread about him in the health section, I'd love your opinions on that also.
Thanks again.

He is such a gorgeous boy! Does he have those pinkish strips when he sleeps? My guy did until he was about 17 months, now hes a banana when he sleeps.

I love Mitsos :D

He is such a gorgeous boy! Does he have those pinkish strips when he sleeps? My guy did until he was about 17 months, now hes a banana when he sleeps.

I love Mitsos :D

Thanks. :D. I love him so much.
I love mitsios too!! :D Can't resist yellow.

He does have the pinkish stripes when sleeping lol, actually all over he gets kind of paleish, like as if someone dusted him with powder, so his green is more like a minty, toothpastey kind of green on top half, and pale yellow on his bottom half, and then the pinkish stripes over top of everything. Gotta figure out how to get good sleeping photos, especially if he'll be loosing those stripes.
I do want to see him really banana'd up! (I am always calling them monkeys for some reason, lol)

Thanks. :D. I love him so much.
I love mitsios too!! :D Can't resist yellow.

He does have the pinkish stripes when sleeping lol, actually all over he gets kind of paleish, like as if someone dusted him with powder, so his green is more like a minty, toothpastey kind of green on top half, and pale yellow on his bottom half, and then the pinkish stripes over top of everything. Gotta figure out how to get good sleeping photos, especially if he'll be loosing those stripes.
I do want to see him really banana'd up! (I am always calling them monkeys for some reason, lol)

Yea I wish I could have gotten some decent pictures but he woke up every time I tried lol

Back
Top Bottom