New pet

JoXie411

Chameleon Enthusiast
I came outside this morning for “Fresh air” and looked at the ground and found this big guy. You will be Fred
205D7651-AE74-4E80-8DB2-596BA1FB80E7.jpeg
5372D767-E829-4346-A137-47EEFD127553.jpeg
DAD7B480-4B51-4742-B65D-F55C77449A7A.jpeg

You're becoming more of a bug lord every day that passes
Your rubbing off on me!! I guess it’s a good way to get me ready for that parsonii one day. I don’t think I can ever do centipedes or millipedes To many legs
Lmao, I make friends when I go out for "fresh air" as well, lol. But fred is killing me, lol.
rofl i made a friend with an opossum during my “fresh air” trips lol

It was even a totally innocent comment - it's Repashy's fault for choosing inappropriate names! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
Sure it was lol while I have you. Do you know how to sex isopods I found one link taking about sexing them and wanted to see if it was correct info or maybe @jamest0o0 can help me out as well

Determining Sex: On the underside of the female isopod, leaf-like growths can be observed at the base of some of the legs. These are known as brood pouches. On male isopods, the first two appendages on the abdomen are modified as elongated copulatory organs

Sure it was lol while I have you. Do you know how to sex isopods I found one link taking about sexing them and wanted to see if it was correct info or maybe @jamest0o0 can help me out as well

Determining Sex: On the underside of the female isopod, leaf-like growths can be observed at the base of some of the legs. These are known as brood pouches. On male isopods, the first two appendages on the abdomen are modified as elongated copulatory organs

Let me see if I can find one of my gravid females... if you flip them over and look toward the middle ofthe abdomen, the females (if gravid) will have a yellow "pouch"/bulge. If the eggs have already hatched, you can see a bit of movement, or little yellowish spheres!

Otherwise, you want to look toward the bottom of the last 5 segments. :)

Back
Top Bottom