New pet with issues

Greatscott0869

So I am new hear and I just got a panther chameleon about 1 week ago and I have had other chameleons before but the panther I just got wont eat or drink and sleeps often during the day and his left eye is a bit sunk in and almost always closed I have tried all kinds of food (super worms crickets dubios ) but he wont eat anything and he wont drink he has a fountain (kept very clean) and I spray the plants and him with a mist and I have a drip. He doesnt look all that unhealthy
Please help uvb light and a basking light and he is in an exo terrace screen enclosed that is 4 feet tall 3 feet wide and 2 feet deep he has live plants and fake plants

Hi, welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your panther. I do know that they should never sleep or close their eyes during the day (unless they are being misted). Sunken eyes are a sign of dehydration. I would suggest taking him to a vet to get checked out. Make sure you bring a fecal sample as well. In the mean time please fill out the questionnaire below. This will help give us an idea if it’s a husbandry issue etc.
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Here is a pic

Attachments

• 20190529_201052.jpg
    20190529_201052.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 225
Please fill out the help form. There are multiple issues with the enclosure. Has he been acting this way since you got him or has it been a rapid decline?
1. Cage is too small they need a minimum of 2x2x4, Your cage looks like the 24x18x36
2. Incorrect UVB for Chameleon. The compact bulbs are useless in providing the correct level of UVI for them. You need a T5ho linear fixture. See image.
3. You need multiple horizontal vines.
4. Chameleons do not drink from waterfalls. You need a little dripper, misting system, fogger for night time.

Attachments

• chameleon-food(1).jpg
    chameleon-food(1).jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 163
  • chameleon-uvb-light.jpg
    chameleon-uvb-light.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 140
  • chameleon-non-uvb-light.jpg
    chameleon-non-uvb-light.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 163
  • chameleon-gutload.jpg
    chameleon-gutload.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 168
  • chameleon-supplements.jpg
    chameleon-supplements.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 163
Please fill out the help form. There are multiple issues with the enclosure. Has he been acting this way since you got him or has it been a rapid decline?
1. Cage is too small they need a minimum of 2x2x4
2. Incorrect UVB for Chameleon. The compact bulbs are useless in providing the correct level of UVI for them. You need a T5ho linear fixture. See image.
3. You need multiple horizontal vines.
4. Chameleons do not drink from waterfalls. You need a little dripper, misting system, fogger for night time.

...his viv is the correct size, dementions are just a bit different than what we’re used to...

Male panther I have had for less than 1 week and I dont know history I have handled it every other day to take him outside for sun.
I haven't been able to get him to eat but I have tried crickets,dubios,wax worms, super worms and a moth.
Dont know what brand supplement but he hasn't eaten so he has got none
Can't get him to drink at least I haven't seen him drink spray water on all plants and have a drip system on constantly to try to get some water in him
Fecal is brown and white and I have not had him tested for parasites
Exo terra screen 36x36x18
Light Is exoterra uvb100
I dont have anything to test humidity yet and keep the basking area about 90 degrees at top of viv
There is a ficus plant and several plastic plants
Viv is in livingroom about 5 feet to top of viv
And I live in northern california
His symptoms are not eating drinking and sleeps often during day and keeps 1 eye closed most of the time

He looks dehydrated and a liner UVB lamp would be best. Also a misting system would be good too, we all get busy and some times hand misting isn’t enough. I would definitely get him a good misting system and put every feeder I could get my hands on in his cage so he would have an option on what he might want. Do you know how old he is? We are all here to help so please don’t take any advice in the wrong way.

Male panther I have had for less than 1 week and I dont know history I have handled it every other day to take him outside for sun. Where did you get him? You may want to consider returning him and buy a healthy one.
I haven't been able to get him to eat but I have tried crickets,dubios,wax worms, super worms and a moth. How are you feeding him?
Dont know what brand supplement but he hasn't eaten so he has got none What is the supplement or supplements you are going to use? Was this the same one he was on with the last person?
Can't get him to drink at least I haven't seen him drink spray water on all plants and have a drip system on constantly to try to get some water in him There are not many plants with surfaces to hold enough water for drinking. You need many more. You can use a little dripper for a constant drip source from the top of the cage.
Fecal is brown and white and I have not had him tested for parasites. You should just to rule out potential parasite issues.
Exo terra screen 36x36x18 This is too small. THey need 2x2x4tall minimum.
Light Is exoterra uvb100 Wrong UVB type see image.
I dont have anything to test humidity yet and keep the basking area about 90 degrees at top of viv I do not see any horizontal branches. How is he basking? Looks like most of your branches and vines are running from the bottom to a corner. Basking branch should be about 8 inches below the light and should be horizontal. If he does not have one then he is unable to the heat he needs to be able to digest in the first place.
There is a ficus plant and several plastic plants
Viv is in livingroom about 5 feet to top of viv
And I live in northern california
His symptoms are not eating drinking and sleeps often during day and keeps 1 eye closed most of the time...

This is not a healthy boy. Yes, part is due to his enclosure not being set up properly. But I have a really hard time believing that this guy has gone downhill this quickly. You need to make changes asap.

Here are additional resources.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/panther/
www.chameleonbreeder.com

www.dragonstrand.com

Attachments

• chameleon-food(1).jpg
    chameleon-food(1).jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 128
  • chameleon-uvb-light.jpg
    chameleon-uvb-light.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 188
  • chameleon-non-uvb-light.jpg