New panther/girl or boy?

TheVainity

Just picked up a new panther chameleon to add to the family. It was sold me as a Boy but honestly from the bulge and color im thinking its a girl.
Thoughts?

Ps. Sorry for the crap images its from my phone.

03012011023.jpg

03012011024.jpg

03012011025.jpg

03012011026.jpg

That is a female. The bulge is not really there. And her tail is uniform. I dont see any tapering like you would with a male at the base.

Looks like a nice cham and i cant really add to this thread just wanted to say i thought it was a male but i am a noob at sexing and chams in general. Id go with what texas says, as u can tell he's a very experienced keeper. I love seeing these threads as they are very interesting to me.

Mike

I enjoy them as well !

As for the age I think (S)hes about 4-6 months. But ya I as well believe it to be female but any other insights would be well appreciated. :D

Looks like a female to me. A very nice one, too. Looks good and sturdy and well fleshed out. Do you know what locale (Ambanja, Ambilobe, etc.) she's supposed to be? If you have any plans on breeding you may want to keep her.

i enjoy them as well !

As for the age i think (s)hes about 4-6 months. But ya i as well believe it to be female but any other insights would be well appreciated. :d

ok, putting the age into cosideration, i'm leaning towards it being a female.

I remember reading somewhere it depends on the hemipenial bulge and you can see it right as they're born. Which is why I made this thread, I wanted to make sure of the sex as I had knew it seemed it little off.

Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom