new panther chameleon settling in

Hannah04

Yesterday I picked up my new panther chameleon. I know he is just settling in, it what should I expect while he is doing so?

Right now he is fairly dark, and hunkered right down on a vine, he hasn't moved since this morning.

Anything he should or should not be doing? Or anything I should be watching for?

he will come around give it a day or two. he might not eat till tomorrow and try to just let him be and explore the cage. hell he might be in a shed phase so more stress right before his skin falls off. think of it this way you got shipped off to boot camp and you do not know anyone its about the same.

Hannah I'm kind of in the same position. I just got my first Cham on tues. he's so tiny ( 3 mo) I just worry about signs that I may be missing.

Yesterday I picked up my new panther chameleon. I know he is just settling in, it what should I expect while he is doing so?

Right now he is fairly dark, and hunkered right down on a vine, he hasn't moved since this morning.

Anything he should or should not be doing? Or anything I should be watching for?

How old is he?

Give him some time he should come around once things settle. He prob looks better already .

Thanks for your help! He is looking much better and is eatting already! My local pet shop has only large crickets right now, he is eatting them but only 2-3 a day, is this normal since they are so big?

And he loves being held so far, I put my hand I the cage and he pretty much jumps on! Haha hope it doesn't change too much!!

Thanks for your help! He is looking much better and is eatting already! My local pet shop has only large crickets right now, he is eatting them but only 2-3 a day, is this normal since they are so big?

And he loves being held so far, I put my hand I the cage and he pretty much jumps on! Haha hope it doesn't change too much!!

Adult crickets? That is kind if big for such a small guy. If that's all you have, pick out the smallest ones and I would pull off the hind jumping legs. I tend to think they use me to get out of the cage and could care less about me. I don't handle mine very often. They are kind of like fish for me. I can look at them for hours. They are so shy I worry about undue stress from handling. Good luck and enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom