New panther chameleon owners!

Hello we are new chameleon parents and wanted to know what everyone thinks of the terrarium! We have an ambilobe that's about 3 months old! So far he's loving it just started getting used to the cage and eating a lot! Now he's having his first shed! Any tips or tricks to make this little guy even happier let me know! His bask is about 85-90! Humidity 60-70% and the bottom of the cage is 70 and the middle is about 75-80! 5 percent UV strip also just came in not in photo! Hopefully we are doing well! Love to hear comments and concerns! Excited to meet everyone thank you for your comments!!

Attachments

• D1DAC643-E6A6-40BA-80D1-72069971739D.jpeg
    D1DAC643-E6A6-40BA-80D1-72069971739D.jpeg
    621.7 KB · Views: 134
Please fill out the “how to ask for help” form and post your answers back here. Quality pictures will help us help you.

Chameleon Info:
◦Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
◦Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
◦Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
◦Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
◦Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
◦Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
◦History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
◦Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
◦Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
◦Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
◦Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
◦Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
◦Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
◦Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
1The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
2Photos can be very helpful.

Hello we are new chameleon parents and wanted to know what everyone thinks of the terrarium! We have an ambilobe that's about 3 months old! So far he's loving it just started getting used to the cage and eating a lot! Now he's having his first shed! Any tips or tricks to make this little guy even happier let me know! His bask is about 85-90! Humidity 60-70% and the bottom of the cage is 70 and the middle is about 75-80! 5 percent UV strip also just came in not in photo! Hopefully we are doing well! Love to hear comments and concerns! Excited to meet everyone thank you for your comments!!
What kind of plants are you using if any of them are real. Make sure you use plants that won’t get your chameleon sick. When I first got my chameleon my cage set up was all wrong. I didn’t realize how much work goes into these beauties but I’ve learned a lot since then.

From what i can see your enclosure looks great! Id lower the basking temp, find a sweet spot in the low 80s. Make sure your UVB light is either a 5% or 6%. Make sure youre misting down the cage atleast 3 times a day. Wed need to know what youre feeding and you supliment scheudle to know if your husbandry is correct.

Please fill out the “how to ask for help” form and post your answers back here. Quality pictures will help us help you.

Chameleon Info:
◦Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Ambilobe panther chameleon! 1 week in our care today! He's about 3 months old

◦Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Not really at all currently trying to get him acclimated at home first!

◦Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I am feeding him Crickets mainly he doesn't seem to like any kind of worm at all... I've tried meal worms, super worms, and horn worms now he didn't eat any of those! I am gut loading my crickets with carrots and kale and supplementing the calcium (No D3) every other day and multivitamin once every other week and sticky tongue farms every other opposite week.
◦Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Rep cal herptivite multivitamin, reptivalcium, sticky tongue farms miner-all.
◦Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Fog machine goes off every hour 7 minutes and misted 3 times a day. Also a dripper for water.
◦Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Has not been tested brown poop little white on the end
◦History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
◦Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Screen cage 16x16x36
◦Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? 50 watt light bulb and 5 percent uvb
◦Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Always measuring temp top is low 80's mid is mid 70's and lower is lower 70's
◦Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? About 65% humidity reptifog machine
◦Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Bromeliad and peperomia blanda var. floribunda
◦Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? In our bedroom corner not very high traffic and about 5 ft off the floor total
◦Location - Where are you geographically located? Northern California, Santa Rosa

Back
Top Bottom