New Pair of Melleri

Greetings Liz, been thinking about your two 2 new Mellers- how are they doing?

This past weekend my boyfriend and I purchased a pair of WC Melleri from Nick Mole at First Choice Reptiles. They both seem to be fairing well, though I am a little concerned with the larger one who is/has been showing gray/white colors with yellow stripes. "She" at two big dubia on Sat and drank yesterday and today. Tomorrow we have a vet visit scheduled. I hope to construct and get them into a larger enclosure soon. Here are some photos of them and their current enclosure:
My larger "Female":
cham501.jpg

cham482.jpg

cham475.jpg

cham465.jpg

Jared's smaller "Male":
cham472.jpg

cham492.jpg

cham464.jpg

Cage Set Up:
cham509.jpg

The sexes are not definite, but the sellers best guess. Any input or tips would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Right now they are with Grandma along with 3 more of lbesok chameleons while Lizbeth's in the FL Keys. All 5 of her chams are doing good. I have these new big guys eating from a large cup and man can they ever pack away the food. Everybody's very friendly and gentle; it a good think because that big one has some claws! It's allot of work taking care of them and my little guy. I tried to attach some pics but not sure if it worked. Jann

Last edited:
The pics worked.......the 1st pic is her little WC girl and the next 4 are the 2 Milleri's. Below's Vega, my personal favorite. The last pic is my little Luie. Grandma's having fun!

Last edited:
Beautiful pics guys, and awesome Mellari. Question - what is that "hole" looking spot by their front arms? I have never seen a Mellari up close and personal and I hate to ask a dumb question, but maybe there are others out there that don't know also.

Thanks for the info.

I forgot little baby. Lizbeth's tiny little baby pic below. I'm not sure there's a hole....I think it's the coloring in the pic.

Last edited:
Somehow I double posted. Duh.

About the claws- our Meller's Megana and Hercules had a little tiff the other day, and Megana swatted Herc across the face and gave him a nice big scratch. Hope she never has a little tiff with me!

Beautiful! Vega's gorgeous, and little luie, the veiled, is a knock out.

The Meller's look good. They already look more full and healthy than when Liz purchased them. Their skin tone looks better too, No, they don't have a hole in the forearm, just dark spots sometimes (especially when the camera comes out). They also have looser skin than most chams, and more room in the tissue for their large musculature. AND THOSE CLAWS. :eek: I know about those claws.

Thank you for all the photos, and the update. Hope Liz is having a good time.

Back
Top Bottom