new owner, just checking :)

Hannah04

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
panther (sold to me as panther, no idea of anything else) believed to be male, no idea of age (any help on age would be great!) been in my care for almost a week :)
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
he actually really likes being held and climbing on us, so pretty much everyday. he climbs right on our hands and arms
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
crickets, has had one silkworm, didn't touch the hornworms, a few mealworms here and there. he eats about 5 crickets a day, but is offered 10 in the am. he's had maybe 2-3 mealworms a day. gets fed in the am before i leave for work, and later in the afternoon is offered a few. gutloading crickets with dry gutload and carrots this week, going to try something else next time (suggestions?)
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
exoterra calcium, exoterra multivitamin, and rep-cal phosphorus free calcium with D3. calcium with every feeding, and calcium with D3 and multivitamin twice a month each
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
dripper that runs all day, and misting 3-4 times a day (also recently made a rain system that i found on here, and just waiting to hook it up. unsure of any sort of schedule though) mist 3-4 times a day for about a minute- minute and a half. yes i have seen him drinking, quite a few times actually
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
brown/black and bright white. never been tested for parasites to my knowledge.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
bought him at a pets unlimited. was never cared for in that store, came straight from their breeders to me. i had him ordered in.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
screen terrarium. 24hX24wX18d
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
exoterra reptile uvb 100, 26w (former reptiglo 5.0 compact) and exoterra 75w daylight spot basking light "sunglo". all lights on at 7:30am and all lights off at 9:00pm on a timer
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
temp range 74*-82*. basking spot 82*. lowest overnight temp 70*. measured with exoterra thermometer.
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
humidity levels between 40%-60%. misting and dripper. exoterra hygrometer.
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
yes, a small ficus benjamina.
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
not near any fans or airvents, but appartment is pretty much all "high traffic" although only 2 of us live there. cage is in a corner near bathroom. top of cage is around 4 feet from the floor.
Location - Where are you geographically located?
Nova Scotia, Canada :)

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
no current problems! just want to make sure i'm giving the best care for my little Sully! (photos can be provided if it will help with any suggestions! :) one thing though, his head in a little dull looking, almost greyish white, does this mean he is getting ready to shed?

male, about 5 months... I would raise the basking temp like 5 degrees but everything else looks good :) hes gonna need a bigger cage soon though.. go on amazon and buy a 24x24x48 inch reptibreeze.

Everything looks good. The only him I would change is the compact uv to a linear one to give better uv coverage

Thanks everyone! I am already looking into a bigger cage! :) and also the linear UVB lights, have the bulb just need to buy the canopy! Thanks for the help! :)

Back
Top Bottom