New outdoor enclosure for Stanley and Krayola...

lisagr07

Avid Member
We already had one outdoor cage but rotating them took extra time so we built this one and now they v both can go out at the same time... It's made of cedar and plastic green fencing from Lowes. It measure 3'x3'x5'... I'm going to put it up on a stand for a little more height..
They both seemed to enjoy it on their first day in it...

First Stanley....

zamade7a.jpg

jeqy3eru.jpg

y4u5asy9.jpg

suse5a5y.jpg

dy6e6agy.jpg

ru2a4a4a.jpg

Now Krayola..

peva2yze.jpg

unyrerup.jpg

sy9erenu.jpg

a2ejy5u9.jpg

Im going to add more foliage and vines, i was just anxious to let them try it out!! :)
Thanks for looking!!

Great job with the cage Lisa, I'm sure that with a couple large plants it'll be like chameleon heaven! And your two boys look amazing - they're both opposites of each other, as one has saturated firery colors and the other has cool pastel colors. Very cool.

Looks Great!

Thanks felix,,, still some work to do on it but I couldn't wait for them to try it out!!

Great job with the cage Lisa, I'm sure that with a couple large plants it'll be like chameleon heaven! And your two boys look amazing - they're both opposites of each other, as one has saturated firery colors and the other has cool pastel colors. Very cool.

Thanks Olimpia! I'm going to elevate it a bit then add some plants and vines... Having asecond one let's me get them out at the same time during peak hours... They are very different in apearance and personality!!!! Stanley is soooo easy,,, Krayola moreof a challenge! ;)

Great job on the additional outside cage. Did you and Richard build it? Both boys are looking gorgeous and as Stanley gets older he looks even more like Luie. Both boys look to be really enjoying the new cage. :) You'll have to post up some more photos when it's totally finished.

Last edited:
I bet them kids are loving those!
I just used some of that green fencing myself for the top of the outside cages. Had something quite large climb over the top of them. One panel of screen was torn and was only being held in by one side. After the repair i used this to go over the top to make it a little more secure.

Good looking chams btw.

Fantastic idea, I am going to have to steal some of those.

Thanks a lot!! I've got one tip for you... don't use cedar... It was brought to my attention that it can cause irritating/toxic affects on reptiles.. I'm going to coat it ASAP!!

Great job on the additional outside cage. Did you and Richard build it? Both boys are looking gorgeous and as Stanly gets older he looks even more like Luie. Both boys look to be really enjoying the new cage. :) You'll have to post up some more photos when it's totally finished.

Thanks Jann! Richard and I put it together. Guess I should of investigated the wood to use better!!!! I'll be addressing that issue tomorrow with a sealant!!
I'm pleased that you see Luie in Stanley, that's a great compliment!!

I bet them kids are loving those!
I just used some of that green fencing myself for the top of the outside cages. Had something quite large climb over the top of them. One panel of screen was torn and was only being held in by one side. After the repair i used this to go over the top to make it a little more secure.

Good looking chams btw.

I'm going to give the cage a once over daily before I put either in it... What was it that you used on top for added security?

And thanks!!!!

Im sure those boys will appreciate it. Two cages means more sun time.

Yes they will,,, and that's exactly the idea,,, more outside time for each!!!

Back
Top Bottom