New noseybe panther hatchling help!

Is 7x11 okay for the size of the butterfly cage? Thank you for all the help
Would probably be ok for just the one cham. I have a bigger cage but I also have 10ish in them from time to time. The ones I have are very similar to the medium reptibreeze cages.

The idea is that the mesh of a butterfly cage is fine enough to keep in the fruit flies and provide a climbing area for the baby. Keep in mind you won't be able to place a light directly on top of it.

I use the Fluker brand small bend-a-branch and florist wire to weave some branches in. I then use cuttings of wandering jew for coverage and its also a "vine". I also use a small plant - typically from Lowes (usually a parlor palm or dracena)

Would probably be ok for just the one cham. I have a bigger cage but I also have 10ish in them from time to time. The ones I have are very similar to the medium reptibreeze cages.

The idea is that the mesh of a butterfly cage is fine enough to keep in the fruit flies and provide a climbing area for the baby. Keep in mind you won't be able to place a light directly on top of it.

I use the Fluker brand small bend-a-branch and florist wire to weave some branches in. I then use cuttings of wandering jew for coverage and its also a "vine". I also use a small plant - typically from Lowes (usually a parlor palm or dracena)
Thank you! I will definitely get that today, I appreciate all the information :)

Now that I'm back home, here's how I keep the babies prior to their full cages:

20200524_140808.jpg

And just cause we're on the subject, here are my babies:

received_546175149382313.jpeg received_289043892116914.jpeg

I'm not exactly an "experienced breeder" but I'm more than happy to share my methods.

Best wishes!

Now that I'm back home, here's how I keep the babies prior to their full cages:

View attachment 267443

And just cause we're on the subject, here are my babies:

View attachment 267444View attachment 267445

I'm not exactly an "experienced breeder" but I'm more than happy to share my methods.

Best wishes!
Yes, thank you! I’d love to hear your methods. I just ordered a butterfly cage, I’m not sure what to do till it comes in for feeding. I put small enough crickets in his cage now but I think they’re just staying at the bottom of the cage.

April 24th sounds right, I think they are shady... anyways you have a great cham, do you know if it's male or female? Can you post a side picture of the whole cham please? thanks!!

April 24th sounds right, I think they are shady... anyways you have a great cham, do you know if it's male or female? Can you post a side picture of the whole cham please? thanks!!
It’s a male, yes I will tomorrow morning when the lights are on!

They actually emailed me again saying that he was born April 24th now
Yea, that sounds much closer. My clutch hatched mid April. I've moved on to pin heads for the bigger ones and Hyedi for both.

Yes, thank you! I’d love to hear your methods. I just ordered a butterfly cage, I’m not sure what to do till it comes in for feeding. I put small enough crickets in his cage now but I think they’re just staying at the bottom of the cage.
Crickets will tend to stay near the bottom but will eventually migrate towards the heat lamp or an upper corner. However, if they're hiding in the bottom it could be they found an escape route. Not sure what size crickets you have but they need to be tiny at this age.

For a temporary fix you can use panty hose across the top of a "shoe box" style clear bin. Can probably pick both items up at Walmart or target for $10 or less. Its one of the few things that can contain fruit flies.

Yea, that sounds much closer. My clutch hatched mid April. I've moved on to pin heads for the bigger ones and Hyedi for both.

Crickets will tend to stay near the bottom but will eventually migrate towards the heat lamp or an upper corner. However, if they're hiding in the bottom it could be they found an escape route. Not sure what size crickets you have but they need to be tiny at this age.

For a temporary fix you can use panty hose across the top of a "shoe box" style clear bin. Can probably pick both items up at Walmart or target for $10 or less. Its one of the few things that can contain fruit flies.
He just ate! I’m so happy. His mister just went off and that’s when he likes to climb around, I places a cricket and a little meal worm on the leaf right by him and he ate it. The shoebox sounds like a good idea. I’m just not sure if he’ll even let me take him out to move him, I don’t want to stress him out.

He ate! Yesterday he had a cricket and a meal worm and then didn’t want to eat anymore. Today he just has one cricket and didn’t want anymore, is this normal?

As long as he's eating something and staying hydrated hopefully he will become comfortable with you and eat more. I know you are kind of in a pickle with the age and set up.

As long as he's eating something and staying hydrated hopefully he will become comfortable with you and eat more. I know you are kind of in a pickle with the age and set up.
Oh good, I was thinking the same. I get the butterfly cage tonight, I just hope I can move him without it being a problem. I don’t think he’s going to come out on his own and I don’t want to force him.

Back
Top Bottom