New noseybe panther hatchling help!

Once you get the butterfly cage set up once he's in, he will have to readjust but he will be ok. Like pulling off a bandaid, just take a deep breath and go for it lol. Try coaxing him on a stick and try to go underneath him vs over him.

Once you get the butterfly cage set up once he's in, he will have to readjust but he will be ok. Like pulling off a bandaid, just take a deep breath and go for it lol. Try coaxing him on a stick and try to go underneath him vs over him.
Lol thank you for all the help, I really appreciate it. I did so much research before getting him and was so excited I just didn’t expect him to be this tiny. I wanted to make sure I do everything right for him.

You have a 60% chance of it beiing male, I think it could be but your picture is not clear enough to know for sure, anyways females have a better temperament if you plan on handling it

Hang in there! You are doing everything you can at the moment and you did the right thing by reaching out. :)
Do you think this will be fine?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 138
You have a 60% chance of it beiing male, I think it could be but your picture is not clear enough to know for sure, anyways females have a better temperament if you plan on handling it
I think it’s a male, that’s what they said too. Should I move him into the butterfly cage or just leave him? He started to eat, one cricket today and one yesterday with a meal worm.

I think that looks good, do you know how you will situate the lights?

If he’s sleeping now just try again in the morning. He might be easier to move.
I was thinking about just putting this little cage into the big one, then it’ll get the light and the misting schedule still. Okay, right before I turned his lights off he was not having it lol

He will hate you regardless lol! It's in their DNA :LOL:...my cham was diagnosed with cociddia at 2mo so I had to mess with him right off the bat and over a period of months. Over a year later he trusts me enough for me to handle him and move him for cage cleaning etc.
For the purposes of monitoring feeding/growth I would move him. It will be easier for him to get around in a smaller space to hunt and easier for you to monitor his poop.

I wish this was the case for my four females. All of my panther males are very calm, it's our females that are the unpleasant ones.

We recently (like 2 weeks ago) got a baby male panther who was born 3/9 from Chameleon Paradise (one of the site sponsors). He advised us to set up a "baby bin" and keep him in there for 2-4 weeks before transferring him to our large enclosure. I attached the pictures of his recommended set up below and his notes about the equipment. He said he raises all his babies in this set up. The set up worked pretty well for us but we had to suck out the water from the bottom every night with a turkey baster. Probably could have thought up how to set it up to drain into a bucket in retrospect. I used a small clear plastic cup to hold the feeders and sort of wedged it in between the dowels at an angle.

Not sure if others have used this set up before or would like to comment on it. I had the pictures of it so thought I would share.

His notes:
need to get a 66 qt clear storage box.
Just need your Zoo med Reptisun t-5 highoutput UV light and a clamp lamp/ heatlamp... 89 degrees at one end, room temp the other end.

I posted the pictures, sorry I don’t really know how to use this
Hi, I’m Kayla. I’m new to this group. I just got my hatchling noseybe yesterday morning. I ordered from cbreptile, he hasn’t ate yet. I know this can be normal with him adapting and getting use to the cage and he might be a little stressed from the move. I just wanted some advice about attempting to feed him. I emailed the owners from Cbrreptile and they said I can take him out and put him in a container with the bugs so he can eat but I don’t want to stress him out too much or force him to come out. He doesn’t want to come out when I place a stick in there and see if he’ll crawl on it. I also have a hanging dish in there I put a superworm but he hasn’t moved from the plant I have hanging in the corner. I’ve also tried putting the superworms in a different cup and held it near him and he didn’t want, as the owners said they raise them free roam and don’t like being hand fed. I have him in 2x2x4 I know this is big and it would be too hard for him to hunt in it, I’m not sure what to do.
The cage you have is too big for him and
At that age they eat fruit flies
Buy some in a pod at a reptile store
Or a vile at Pet Smart
In a smaller cage he can catch them easier

We recently (like 2 weeks ago) got a baby male panther who was born 3/9 from Chameleon Paradise (one of the site sponsors).

Welcome to the forums! My little guy is from there too! They could be siblings...bin looks good

What's s/he eating?

Thanks! I was wrong about the dob it’s 3/6. Sire is diablo. Dam is listed as wildthing x primo 1. Loki is eating small crickets. He is eating a lot. He was also getting silkworms but they all died a few days ago. Have 1000 eggs in the fridge so hopefully I can figure out how to raise silkworms. Have small dubias coming soon. Had fruit fly cultures going but he was already big enough to eat crickets. We moved him from the baby bin a few days ago into a reptibreeze iguanarium 36x18x48” enclosure and he hung out on the ceiling for the first day but is settling in now. So do we have sibs?

So do we have sibs?

Half-siblings ~ sire is Diablo too! Dam says Goldenboy x Candy II.

Nice, you got a healthy eater! My boy is eating silks, bsfl, an occasional waxworm, and I've got dubs and a "beetle" sampler coming next week from @jamest0o0. I fed him crickets when the last bug shipment (from somewhere else) arrived a day late and he was all about it - he ran over to eat them. Great that you're starting a silk colony - I just started one too and I can't wait to see if if they make it. I hear they're difficult to raise... Good luck to us both!

Chameleon Paradise has some beautiful breeders and Primo 1 is gorgeous! Maybe he'll show some yellow? Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom