New noseybe panther hatchling help!

If he is under 3 months old simply not using a basking bulb is an option as well. You need to raise the UVB and the basking though. He is going to roof climb constantly. This is just what babies do.

What type of UVB are you using? IS it a T5 or T8 and what is the bulb strength?

Heck I don't know I almost feel like it would be far better to set this baby up in a bin. He is so young.... @AmandaS @janjan20 What do yall think? You have more experience with this age group then I do.
I’m not sure how old he is, they didn’t send me a date of birth at all. They did say 1-3 months on the website. Thank you for the time and help!

So you can get a metal shelf rack... build it out so that the cage goes on a shelf and so that you have a shelf about 4 inches above the top of the cage. Then lights go on that shelf.

To help you I would need to know what type of UVB you are using... T5 or T8 and what is the bulb strength in it? This will tell us distance for the shelf above.

This is not my picture. This is a Dragon strand image... But this is how he does his with the shelves... Then if you go to this link you find the fixture and bulb type you use on the chart and find your distance for the shelf above. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-cage-set-up-replicating-the-sun/

completed-cage-810-768x1024.jpg

So you can get a metal shelf rack... build it out so that the cage goes on a shelf and so that you have a shelf about 4 inches above the top of the cage. Then lights go on that shelf.

To help you I would need to know what type of UVB you are using... T5 or T8 and what is the bulb strength in it? This will tell us distance for the shelf above.

This is not my picture. This is a Dragon strand image... But this is how he does his with the shelves... Then if you go to this link you find the fixture and bulb type you use on the chart and find your distance for the shelf above. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-cage-set-up-replicating-the-sun/

View attachment 267326
I have a t5, I’m not sure what strength, I’m not home right now to check. That sounds like a good idea, do you know where I can get a rack like that?

Yeah, i would personally wait on the supers until he is bigger, but if you are comfortable with it, then go ahead. (I don't know how small supers are when theyre small)
Bsfl will be great worms because they are so small. And you can get some mantis ooths to hatch in there for him. Those are definitely small enough, and a fun feeder to watch.

Yeah, i would personally wait on the supers until he is bigger, but if you are comfortable with it, then go ahead. (I don't know how small supers are when theyre small)
Bsfl will be great worms because they are so small. And you can get some mantis ooths to hatch in there for him. Those are definitely small enough, and a fun feeder to watch.
I planned on ordering some Bsfl today, thank you for the help! I really appreciate it. I just want to make sure he’s getting everything he needs.

What wattage is the bulb? You only need a 25 watt regular bulb, anything else raise 4 inches above, your chameleon is the same size as my 2-3 week old hatchling....where did you get it from?? Next time fyi don't buy a cham unless it is at least 3 months old, it'll cost a little more but it will give you a better chance at success, I keep my hatchlings in nursery bin until at least 1 month, my nursery bin is 16 x 16x 20

What wattage is the bulb? You only need a 25 watt regular bulb, anything else raise 4 inches above, your chameleon is the same size as my 2-3 week old hatchling....where did you get it from?? Next time fyi don't buy a cham unless it is at least 3 months old, it'll cost a little more but it will give you a better chance at success, I keep my hatchlings in nursery bin until at least 1 month, my nursery bin is 16 x 16x 20
75 watt, I got it from cbreptile and they said it’s 1-3 months old, they didn’t give me an exact age.

Of course, no problem. Good luck. Post photos often cause we love them!
Hi, I have a question about feeding. I know I shouldn’t feed him at night cause he needs time to digest in his lights but I just was able to get small enough crickets. Should I see if he wants to eat now or wait till the morning? He hasn’t ate since I got him Friday morning.

75 watt I'd keep it up 3.5 - 4 inches off the cage and raise the uv light the same, I use a 2 x 4....your chameleon is not 1 month old or older, I'd say 2.5 - 3 weeks, when do you turn lights off?

You should keep the light schedule the same, always,12 on 12 off. Feed the crickets tomorrow, I use repashy calcium plus lo-d every feeding for juveniles & adults, for hatchlings I'll dust once a week

You should keep the light schedule the same, always,12 on 12 off. Feed the crickets tomorrow, I use repashy calcium plus lo-d every feeding for juveniles & adults, for hatchlings I'll dust once a week
That’s exactly what I do 8-8 for him. I’ll have to order that, all my petstores around me are out of calcium without d3 I only have it with.

Not sure "8 - 8" what is that?? There is 24 hours in a day, at night his cage has to Be dard black, in natural habitat sun doesn't come out for an hour at midnight

I have a t5, I’m not sure what strength, I’m not home right now to check. That sounds like a good idea, do you know where I can get a rack like that?
Ok so you can get those shelves at any lowes or home depot... As far as your T5 it will have it printed on the bulb what it is.

I use butterfly cages for my hatchlings. I agree with Salty that your cham is in the "weeks old" range.

Google butterfly cages on Amazon - they're $12 which is super cheap.

Also you'll want to, as previously mentioned, get pin head crickets and fruit flies. Careful with crickets as they will grow surprisingly fast and can actually feed on your baby cham (which is why you want a smaller cage to monitor).

I use the "clamp lamp" style fixture, but I also keep my chams on an aluminum rack. I turn the heat on/off and move it multiple times a day. Chams that small have a hard time with too cold or hot. As for UV, I keep them in the .8-1.2 range depending. I also take them outside every now and then.

Surprised the lil one survived shipping at that age. Best of luck!

I use butterfly cages for my hatchlings. I agree with Salty that your cham is in the "weeks old" range.

Google butterfly cages on Amazon - they're $12 which is super cheap.

Also you'll want to, as previously mentioned, get pin head crickets and fruit flies. Careful with crickets as they will grow surprisingly fast and can actually feed on your baby cham (which is why you want a smaller cage to monitor).

I use the "clamp lamp" style fixture, but I also keep my chams on an aluminum rack. I turn the heat on/off and move it multiple times a day. Chams that small have a hard time with too cold or hot. As for UV, I keep them in the .8-1.2 range depending. I also take them outside every now and then.

Surprised the lil one survived shipping at that age. Best of luck!
Is 7x11 okay for the size of the butterfly cage? Thank you for all the help

Back
Top Bottom