new members veiled & panther

spottedcircus

I am a newish chameleon owner . I got my first a veiled last December & got a new panther boy yesterday (from a wonderful person on here). My veiled is a bit of a jerk, so I'm considering selling him. He's about 8-9mo old, will he get any friendlier? The baby panther is adorable I think. He already has a lot of red/orange showing up. He is a blue bar amilobe.
Let me know what you think about my outdoor veileds cage. Any other good ideas? I"m also tyring to come up with a name for my panther. I breed poison dart frogs, so I'm trying to think of a name that would go with that somehow.
On to the photos
The veiled male's outdoor cage
cage small.JPG
veiled 1.JPG
veiled2.JPG

My little panther boy who is in the frog room right now
panther1.JPG
panther2.JPG

I am a newish chameleon owner . I got my first a veiled last December & got a new panther boy yesterday (from a wonderful person on here). My veiled is a bit of a jerk, so I'm considering selling him. He's about 8-9mo old, will he get any friendlier?

Some veileds are just naturally jerks. But, consider that at his age he's on hormone overload. Some adults who go through a "terrible teen" stage at 9 months mellow out as they get older. There's just no guarantee either way. Why not keep him for his beauty, hardiness, and enjoy those aspects? Your panther can offer you different personality traits. There's no real reason to pester your veiled except for cage maintenance etc.

Glad you like the little guy!! The Sire of that little fella is super calm... so you might very well have a calm one. I used to take the sire to do education shows at colleges and high schools. He would have sit in a little tree that I would bring for him and just chill and without fail he would snatch cricket after cricket from my fingers even with 20 little kids watching!

Some veileds can get very territorial when caged and become quite mean. Once out of the cage they are usually laid back and relaxed. Do you have a large plant or tree you can put your guy on and see if this helps. I have two veileds that I free range and they are both teddy bears. :)

Back
Top Bottom