repdog

Hi everyone, I'm new here and don't have a cham yet but I hope to soon. I currently have 2 bearded dragons and 1 frilled dragon with currently 4 dogs. I have been lurking here for some time learning what I can before I buy. I have a long ways to go as some of the problems I have seen on here scare me a bit from getting one. Plus I did to find room for another reptile. I do tend to do things on the large end of things. My cages for the ones I have are pretty big.

I have been looking at getting a Nosy Faly(red rain). I don't seem to see many of those for sale. I would love to start with a baby boy as my first one. Only a boy as I don't have to worry about eggs. Otherwise I don't mind females.

I do like some of the cages I have seen for sale but my husband has built the others I have. So I'm torn as to what to start with. I do see cages as being all screen but I know I would have a hard time keeping temps up and humidity up. I was up most nights when I first got my frilly going back and forth to check on the cage and make sure she was not getting cold. I saw an ad on here for a cage that has sides to it. I did like those just that they are not big enough for me. :)

Hello and welcome to the forums. It is a bit scary owning one at first and the more you learn on here, the more things you look for to go wrong! Unfortunately, sometimes even the best of care does not prevent illness with these creatures. For the most part, if provided good care with diet, lighting and habitat they will thrive. This forum is a Godsend, so if you do decide to get one, there are not many questions that will go unanswered. Lots of knowledge and experience on here. Hope to see you around in the near future!

Thank you guys. I'm not sure how much I can post as I don't know much. But can give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom