New member but 8 year veteran with C. p. parsonii Orange Eye

PatWise

Hello all, I have been using the forum for years, especially rantotro's posts on parson's, just pulled the trigger on signing up. I have been keeping lizards for over 40 years, been a zookeeper in two facilities and now manage an animal hospital. I have worked with numerous cham species over the years but dialed the collection down to just Parson's Orange Eye eight years ago. Started getting eggs in my 3rd year and after talking to Craig Durbin at Primo, got a programmable circadian incubator and last year after 18 months hatched my first OE's. Only 4 but it paved the way for the 15 that I hatched this last July. I am not aware of any other breeders in Canada who have had success with this species yet, but hope there will be.

Hello all, I have been using the forum for years, especially rantotro's posts on parson's, just pulled the trigger on signing up. I have been keeping lizards for over 40 years, been a zookeeper in two facilities and now manage an animal hospital. I have worked with numerous cham species over the years but dialed the collection down to just Parson's Orange Eye eight years ago. Started getting eggs in my 3rd year and after talking to Craig Durbin at Primo, got a programmable circadian incubator and last year after 18 months hatched my first OE's. Only 4 but it paved the way for the 15 that I hatched this last July. I am not aware of any other breeders in Canada who have had success with this species yet, but hope there will be.
Congratulations!! We will be requiring pictures soon. Please :)

354205692_287821000478503_3836758880268435292_n.jpg
356575556_787819239803164_4370159299593910166_n.jpg

This years clutch hatching resulted in 15 healthy babies out of 19 eggs that went full term from 21 eggs laid if memory serves me correctly.

This pic is about a month old now, and they are on 2 - 3 week old circkets and D. hydei, they have about tripled in size since hatching.

Back
Top Bottom