New Melleri pics

Pure

Took these a couple of days ago
Feruzi, she has a little thermal burn from when I first set them up. I had a 60 watt bulb for her. It was just a little too hot.
011.jpg

Lumbwi, He's now 270 Grams, up from 244. Only from eating 3-4 worms a week at one sitting.
006.jpg

Here they are together. I was hoping to film a fight. But Lumbwi was being nice.
014.jpg

You can see how Feruzi hates the camera and fires up at it. Lumbwi could care less. He is so mellow.

Nice shannen!

Feruzi is a fatty!!:D I want to squeese her...or him!!!:):):D

The variations in color makes them very cool. Juli's "Major Mellers" is even lighter, almost a grey green.

It doesn't really matter to me, I would be totally happy with anyone of the 3!:)

-Jay

Thanks guys. Yeah their colors are almost the extremes of both spectrums. Lumbwi's yellow stripes are almost neon at times, most often when sleeping or getting a shower.

A flash really brings this out.
024.jpg

Jay the gray, according to Melleri discovery is the latest color morph. Very pretty IMO. LOL yeah she is a pig. She will easily eat 30-40 full grown crickets a day. I've been letting her eat as much as she will, trying to put some weight on her. She has a belly but doesn't seem to be getting any weight were it counts. Like her tail and her hips. Her hip bones still protrude allot. When I got them both they were a tad underfed. You could see their leg bones too much for my liking. I'm about to put her on wax worms to try and fatten her up a little more. I've felt her and can't feel any eggs so I don't think that is the reason for her lack of weight gain. Fecals come up clean, so no parasites, well none that we could see. The vet treated her anyways due to the weight issue, just to be certain.

Lumbwi was clean also, but was treated for parasites due to the lack of appetite. Treatment still didn't help. He's going in for blood work next, to make sure he isn't going into liver failure or have any unseen issues with calcium deficiencies.

WOW! What a gorgeous pair of chams! Melleri always look so sweet and gentle! I really would like to see one of these guys in person to appreciate just how beautiful they are!:D I know it would also make me want one of my own too, lol!

No I don't think so. Least we (me and the vet can't feel eggs). I'll find out for sure soon enough, when she gets sexrayed. I'm using the term "she" very loosely. There for a little wile I wasn't so sure. After being dosed with reptaid she started cruising the enclosure. She doesn't usually sit still once she is warmed up, but stays out of Lumbwi's higher basking spot, well for the most part. She will go up there a few times a day, but as active as she is this isn't a whole lot. But she constantly will go down to the floor of the cage and just cruise over to another plant to climb. I put a laying bin in there for her (just in case) but she showed it no interest. I have to say thanks to Sandy for the reptaid, it really did perk her up. No nose rubbing, she just likes to explore..it's a pretty big enclosure.

The brown tinge in her feet is from walking around the bottom of the cage before it's done draining. Evidently my plants release a lot of tannic acid. Prob from peat in the soil.

Back
Top Bottom