New Keeper! Hello!

Ella Gatlin

Hi All,
My name is Ella and I just got my first chameleon from @jannb two weeks ago. Her name is Khaleesi (anyone watch Game of Thrones?) and she is currently in a temporary ReptiBreeze enclosure. Our Dragon Strand is on the way! Here is a picture of her current enclosure anyway and one of her in her basking spot. Any suggestions for me? My dad and I have been working hard to make sure everything is just so for our new baby girl!! :)

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

Hi All,
My name is Ella and I just got my first chameleon from @jannb two weeks ago. Her name is Khaleesi (anyone watch Game of Thrones?) and she is currently in a temporary ReptiBreeze enclosure. Our Dragon Strand is on the way! Here is a picture of her current enclosure anyway and one of her in her basking spot. Any suggestions for me? My dad and I have been working hard to make sure everything is just so for our new baby girl!! :)

View attachment 270389

View attachment 270387
Hello Ella what a lucky little girl . I think we Discussed however just making sure ! When you set up the dragon strand you will be adding her lay bin yes ?

I would suggest raising everything up some . You want 9 inches from top of branches/ greenery and lights . You can add blocks of wood if your uvb does not have feet to get off screen . Also keep in mind Khalessi might like to hang off her top screen young Chams do that , You can lift basking slightly too ?.

Hi Ella!

It nice to see you and Khaleesi here! Here temporary enclosure looks good! I can wait to see her big girl cage all set up.
Thank you for sharing her. ?

Hi All,

View attachment 270389

View attachment 270387
Hi Ella! I am Becca! You have a sister to my boy that I am getting in a few weeks. Let me know if you and your dad need help with the dragon strand. I have two of them. Looks good so far. You will love the Dragon strand cage. So much easier to mount pots and have branches. This is my new cage and may give you and your dad ideas for set up. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/new-dragon-strand-hybrid-large-atrium-for-my-beman-3.176158/

Let us know if you have questions. Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi Ella and welcome! Game of Thrones :unsure: Hmm...never heard of it.?
I have a little boy (Hammlet) from @jannb who is Khaleesi’s brother. It’s going to be awesome watching all these beautiful babies grow up on the forum.
Your set up looks good. You’ll have to post pics when you get your Dragon Strand set up.

Hi Ella! I am Becca! You have a sister to my boy that I am getting in a few weeks. Let me know if you and your dad need help with the dragon strand. I have two of them. Looks good so far. You will love the Dragon strand cage. So much easier to mount pots and have branches. This is my new cage and may give you and your dad ideas for set up. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/new-dragon-strand-hybrid-large-atrium-for-my-beman-3.176158/

I have a little boy (Hammlet) from @jannb who is Khaleesi’s brother. It’s going to be awesome watching all these beautiful babies grow up on the forum.
Your set up looks good. You’ll have to post pics when you get your Dragon Strand set up.

Family Reunion? ?

Hello Ella what a lucky little girl . I think we Discussed however just making sure ! When you set up the dragon strand you will be adding her lay bin yes ?

I would suggest raising everything up some . You want 9 inches from top of branches/ greenery and lights . You can add blocks of wood if your uvb does not have feet to get off screen . Also keep in mind Khalessi might like to hang off her top screen young Chams do that , You can lift basking slightly too ?.

Yes we will be adding a lay bin as soon as the "big girl" cage gets here. We will measure the distance between lights and plants to make sure it is OK. I have noticed her hanging on the screen a bit. Glad to hear that is normal!

Can't wait to see pictures! And I appreciate the warm welcome and all the help :)

Thanks for the welcome!! Yes I love that there is such a tight community here so we can keep up with the siblings :)

Yes we will be adding a lay bin as soon as the "big girl" cage gets here. We will measure the distance between lights and plants to make sure it is OK. I have noticed her hanging on the screen a bit. Glad to hear that is normal!
Fantastic I thought you had said you planned to . Just double checking :) .

Back
Top Bottom