new jackson's

giaindell

i just got home from picking up my new jacksons chameleon but...i was supposed to got one...i got two a male and a female :) unsure of the names yet.
sooo frickin happy!
tell me how they look
the first three is the male and
the last two is the female

Attachments

• DSCF9697.JPG
    DSCF9697.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCF9698.JPG
    DSCF9698.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCF9699.JPG
    DSCF9699.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 194
  • DSCF9701.JPG
    DSCF9701.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCF9702.JPG
    DSCF9702.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 157
Those are two sweet healthy kids you have there. Congratulations!! Do we get to help name them? laurie is a nice name for a female chameleon:rolleyes:

They look good to me!! I would watch for signs of the neck area getting more swollen. This can be caused from many things but mostly it seems its caused from over supplementing.

Probably wouldnt hurt to fill the help form out and post some pics of the set up. This way you can be reassured everything is in check. I see a good amount of over weight jacksons with edema on here. Why I get ignored when I say so, I dont know, but montane species are more prone to over supplementation issues than the normal panthers and veileds. I would not use the "recommended schedule" for them but that is me.

I hope they do well for you!

were they two for the price of one and where is this breeder at that i can buy from?

it was 40 each and his username is chameleon charlie i believe he has 1 male and 1 female left he is located in new jersey i met him half way he was willing to ship though

Congratulations! I love my little Jackson and I'm sure you will enjoy yours! Horns Rock! Enjoy :D

Jared has a good point about supplements ;)

They look good to me!! I would watch for signs of the neck area getting more swollen. This can be caused from many things but mostly it seems its caused from over supplementing.

Probably wouldnt hurt to fill the help form out and post some pics of the set up. This way you can be reassured everything is in check. I see a good amount of over weight jacksons with edema on here. Why I get ignored when I say so, I dont know, but montane species are more prone to over supplementation issues than the normal panthers and veileds. I would not use the "recommended schedule" for them but that is me.

I hope they do well for you!

Because Jared they don't want to hear it lol! I thought you liked to be ignored! JK :p

The best 'supplementing' for Jacksons is a solid gutload for your feeders. You do this right, and they will do well. Lots of leafy green turnip greens, brewers yeast and spirulina. My list goes much longer than that, but I think those are the most beneficial. You need a good plant based protein source for youngsters, and spirulina is one of the best. I have a litter of baby Jacksons that are only 11 weeks old, and I've dusted their feeders twice since they've been alive, yet they are growing very well. One was very weak and small when they were first born. She required me to literaly have to hold a moistened feeder up to her lips and let her gum it off my fingertip. Her tongue was non-functional. She has finally started to use her tongue and is doing well. GOOD GUTLOAD,...

not sure if anyone thinks the same...but it looks like 2 females to me (size wise on the "male" he should have a larger nostrial projection..and i have seen females with small protrusions like as if its a male, with VERY small horns)..just a thought.....

not to dissapoint or anything..but looks like two femmies to me..one with just some larger "bumps" above her eyes... JUST IMO....

not sure if anyone thinks the same...but it looks like 2 females to me (size wise on the "male" he should have a larger nostrial projection..and i have seen females with small protrusions like as if its a male, with VERY small horns)..just a thought.....

not to dissapoint or anything..but looks like two femmies to me..one with just some larger "bumps" above her eyes... JUST IMO....

You know what, I thought the same thing. Glad someone else noticed this besides me. At 3-4 months of age, I would think they should have some larger horns as well. Look at the photo below of my 11 week old. You can see that mine has more projection than Gia's, and hers are almost twice as old as mine. Even females have horn buds when born, but the males are much more prominent.

BabyJacksons2004.jpg

the male has horns coming in already i can see them :) thats how i knew it was a male i would not buy him if i didnt see those suckers aha

i am already in love! and this forum is so addicting whenever i am home i am on this website ! i am supposed to be getting ready to go out but im sitting here on the computer! lol

You know what, I thought the same thing. Glad someone else noticed this besides me. At 3-4 months of age, I would think they should have some larger horns as well. Look at the photo below of my 11 week old. You can see that mine has more projection than Gia's, and hers are almost twice as old as mine. Even females have horn buds when born, but the males are much more prominent.

BabyJacksons2004.jpg

THANK YOU!! and i have seen females with one really big single horn, or just the two above the eyes...but they look WAY to small for the chams size to be male projections... but keep in mind just IMO...but awesome lil chams and good luck with them!!

Back
Top Bottom