New Jackson's Female!!

studio2eight

Hi everyone, I've added a new creature to my collection, this pretty Jackson's female I purchased yesterday at Repticon.

There were several females to choose from, prices ranging from $20-$90. Most were WC, none treated for parasites. I asked about the $20 chameleons, as they were the first I saw, I asked about age, and I was told they were a year old, but they looked to be only 2-3 months of age max.

Anyway, this girl one of 3 CB from the same breeder. I picked her due to her reds and yellows. This is my first female, and I'm not sure if she will keep these awesome colors or if they will go away as she gets older.

I'll do more pics as she settles in. She ate and drank this morning, and has been sitting under the fogger for hours now.

What do you think?

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful little girl.

She will lose most/all of the red, and become the more standard green with time.

She looks really good though, one of the healthiest new jacksons Ive seen in a while!

Beautiful little girl.

She will lose most/all of the red, and become the more standard green with time.

She looks really good though, one of the healthiest new jacksons Ive seen in a while!

Thank you, I'm glad you think she looks healthy :) Too bad about her loosing the red, I'll certainly enjoy it while she has it!

Thank you, I'm glad you think she looks healthy :) Too bad about her loosing the red, I'll certainly enjoy it while she has it!

Yes, it is a very beautiful coloration.

When older, they still have gorgeous colors and patterns, they just stray away from the earth tones, and go more into the blues, greens, and yellows.

She will provide you with interesting color changes for quite some time, enjoy it. ;)

Yes, it is a very beautiful coloration.

When older, they still have gorgeous colors and patterns, they just stray away from the earth tones, and go more into the blues, greens, and yellows.

She will provide you with interesting color changes for quite some time, enjoy it. ;)

Blue, green and yellow sound lovely too. Sounds like she will match my boy. Based on her colors now, could you guess her age?

Back
Top Bottom