New Home for Future Chameleon

Gina J.

Hello, Everyone. :)
I hope everyone is doing well!!

So, after much time, money, and research here is the finished product. I am open to any and all scrutiny, I want this home to be just right by the time I bring home the new baby.

So here are the details:

Home: Hybrid screen and solid. Solid door and rear, screened sides. Drain at the bottom for very easy maintenance. (I'm not sure if giving the name of the company who made this is within the rules. So I won't say unless a Mod tells me otherwise.)
Lighting: Zoo Med Reptisun 5.0 T-5 24 w. Grow light for plants and a 60 w regular light bulb for the heat lamp.
Hydration: Mistking. Set for 3 sessions a day at 2 min per session. Auto dripper.
Temp readers: 2 ea, One near the top and one near the bottom.
Air evaporator for cooling at night and helps with extra humidity as well. Only set for 6 hours at night for help with temp drop. (Most likely getting a Jackson's :) )
Numbers: On average: Basking temps at 82 degrees. Daytime temps.. the top half of the enclosure runs at 78 degrees while the lower at 72 degrees. Humidity around 55-65%.
Nighttime: 67 to 68 degrees (We are in the summer months and the ambient air is still quite warm) It is within the recommended 10-degree temp drop needed. Humidity at 75%
Plants: All live foliage and on the safe to have list :). The plants still need to fill in more, especially at the top, but I am not planning on getting the Chameleon until February or March. So, lots of time for it to fill in :)

Well, there you have it. What am I missing? What can I do better? Go for it, I have thick skin :)

Many Thanks,

Gina

Attachments

• 1_Home.jpg
    1_Home.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 2_home.jpg
    2_home.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 3_home.jpg
    3_home.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 7_home.jpg
    7_home.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 4_home.jpg
    4_home.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 145
  • 5_home.jpg
    5_home.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 6_home.jpg
    6_home.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
"Highbread". Dodges are Highbreads, they burn gas and oil...

Im going to assume your plant dirt has a layer of large rocks to keep the food from getting to the dirt, and keeping the chameleon from getting to the dirt, and swallowing the rocks.

You may want to get a sansi led grow light for the plants.

82f for basking is a bit low in my opinion for winter. Its perfect for 78f air temps though. Better to run cool vs over heat or burn :p

Well you spent a pretty penny. I am loving what Dale is doing with his cages.

FYI so with a Jacksons your going to need a lower temp at night. If it were a veiled or Panther you could get away with the 68 at night but that still is not low enough for what a Jackson will need. So you will need to drop it at least below 65.

Here is a link for care sheets on them https://chameleonacademy.com/the-jacksons-chameleon-trioceros-jacksonii/

Overall it looks really good. If you have not found a Jacksons breeder yet than I highly recommend @JacksJill
She breeds beautiful healthy babies.

The only thing I have to say is you are AWESOME! You have obviously done some decent research on chameleon care, set up a wonderful enclosure and are asking for feedback on any improvements or changes that you’ll need to make…several months BEFORE getting your chameleon! You are going to be an incredible cham ‘parent’. 🥰

Dale is a great guy and I love his designs. What sold it for me was the drain and the enclosed bottom to hide all the...ummm...stuff. It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be as far as price. And the care and detail he has put in are stunning.

Oh yes. That darn Temp drop has me going crazy. I am confident that in the fall, winter, and spring months I can achieve those temp drops easily it's just the summer..ugh. Rest assured, I will achieve what is necessary :)

I highly recommend @JacksJill

I have been talking with Jill (What a lovely lady) she has been helping me through my adventure. LOL I think she must have the patience of a saint. 😇

Thanks for the care sheet and advice :)

Dale is a great guy and I love his designs. What sold it for me was the drain and the enclosed bottom to hide all the...ummm...stuff. It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be as far as price. And the care and detail he has put in are stunning.

Oh yes. That darn Temp drop has me going crazy. I am confident that in the fall, winter, and spring months I can achieve those temp drops easily it's just the summer..ugh. Rest assured, I will achieve what is necessary :)

I have been talking with Jill (What a lovely lady) she has been helping me through my adventure. LOL I think she must have the patience of a saint. 😇

Thanks for the care sheet and advice :)
Yes, Dale is wonderful. The only thing that puts me off the cage is that my Veiled likes to go to the bottom to explore so if he got down into the drainage bin I am not sure he would find his way out lol. So I use Dragon Strand cages.

I am sure you will do just fine. The amount of work you have put in already and planning shows that you are wanting to do it right.

Jill does have the patience of a saint. She is one of the best people I have met on this forum. If I could achieve the temps required I would buy a Jackson's from her before anyone else.

Awww thanks, guys ::blushes::

I have a confession. Last year my 15-year-old daughter made a PowerPoint presentation to convince me on "Why" she Needed a chameleon. LOL yes, a PowerPoint! (Bonus points). She "seemed" to do the research and was very well prepared on the cage set-up, feeder bugs, and such. I, however, knew "nothing" of said Chameloen's but gave my content anyway. ::sighs:: As you can imagine I was quickly overwhelmed by the amount of care these little dragons needed. The setup she had bought was not adequate. I did a deep dive into what a Veiled Chameleon needed. Youtube, blogs, thank god I found Bill's site :) Got the little guy all set up and he is thriving. Through all of this, I found myself falling in love with these little guys. So, here I am, setting up for my first dragon:)

I have a confession. Last year my 15-year-old daughter made a PowerPoint presentation to convince me on "Why" she Needed a chameleon. LOL yes, a PowerPoint! (Bonus points). She "seemed" to do the research and was very well prepared on the cage set-up, feeder bugs, and such. I, however, knew "nothing" of said Chameloen's but gave my content anyway. ::sighs:: As you can imagine I was quickly overwhelmed by the amount of care these little dragons needed. The setup she had bought was not adequate. I did a deep dive into what a Veiled Chameleon needed. Youtube, blogs, thank god I found Bill's site :) Got the little guy all set up and he is thriving. Through all of this, I found myself falling in love with these little guys. So, here I am, setting up for my first dragon:)
That’s an awesome story ❤️

I won't know what to name her until we meet. Or when Jill sends me the hundreds of photos's I will be demanding...daily ::Wolfish Grin:: We have got five months before all of that happens. The timing will have to be right as well. We will see what happens. Time is our friend :)

Welcome to your new addiction.

I won't know what to name her until we meet. Or when Jill sends me the hundreds of photos's I will be demanding...daily ::Wolfish Grin:: We have got five months before all of that happens. The timing will have to be right as well. We will see what happens. Time is our friend :)
Welcome! I’m a Jackson’s Cham mom as well! I can’t wait to see your little one. Your set up is beautiful.

Welcome! I’m a Jackson’s Cham mom as well! I can’t wait to see your little one. Your set up is beautiful.
Thank you for the warm welcome. Very glad to meet you.
LOL I don't have a little one yet. It will be several months before I can bring one home. I'm just being a crazy mom, nesting, and preparing.

Thank you for the warm welcome. Very glad to meet you.
LOL I don't have a little one yet. It will be several months before I can bring one home. I'm just being a crazy mom, nesting, and preparing.
Well that’s great that you are preparing before getting the little one! That’s the way to do it!

Back
Top Bottom