New here

Pascal 2012

Hi guys i'm new here and actually getting my first chameleon here soon. I oredered from screameleons and got the ultimate set up kit, and hoping to get a male ambilobe. After setting up the cage i got the basking area to be 95 degrees and everything else seems to be ok except one thing. I have been doing non-stop research on panther chameleons and some people say the humidity should be between 40%-50%, then others say 65%-85% i want to know what you suggest. Right now i have it about 68% humidity dry with the lights on after misting (with an automatic mister) it goes to 76% and at night when lights go out the humidity stays a constant 80% after its dried out. Is this going to be ok for the little guy i just want everything to be ready before he gets here.:confused:

50% on the humidity is a good average. You can have higher temps after mistings, but you'll want to let things dry out as to not cause respiratory infections...

50% on the humidity is a good average. You can have higher temps after mistings, but you'll want to let things dry out as to not cause respiratory infections...
Is there anyway that i can lower the humidity because according to the gauge at night its at 80% and during the day its close to 68%-74%

Is there anyway that i can lower the humidity because according to the gauge at night its at 80% and during the day its close to 68%-74%
Try not spraying as much into the cage. Or if you have a fogger don't let it run as long. Welcome to the forum btw :)

Albuquerque, NM? Your humidity shouldn't be that high?? Aren't you partially in the desert? Lol

Albuquerque, NM? Your humidity shouldn't be that high?? Aren't you partially in the desert? Lol
Man you are telling me i thought i was going to have a problem raising the humidity!! but i just got home from the pet store i bought another gauge lets see if maybe i just got a defective one.

Yeah, I'm thinking your gauge is jacked! Our humidity in Houston isn't even that high! Are you using a digital gauge?

No I'm not I plan on investing in one especially for a larger cage. Okay the new gauge is at about 60% right now but the cage just had a misting not to long ago, so lets see how it does. btw thank for all the advise :)

Welcome to the forums I like the name, It was the name of my male.ambilobe that just passed :( (no jinx or anything on your half)

Welcome to the forums I like the name, It was the name of my male.ambilobe that just passed :( (no jinx or anything on your half)
Thank you, both my girlfriend and I decided on the name. I'm sorry to hear that :( I am trying to learn as much as i can so i don't make any huge mistakes and harm the little guy.

You will be fine, there was literally nothing I could have done for my guy.. it was just something he was born with.

Okay after messing with a few things i spread the branches apart a little further, and now have two gauges to get an average:). So far both gauges are reading around a flat 60% which seems way better then 80%.

Back
Top Bottom