New Here- Just hatched my newbie Panther Chameleon yesterday!

Fawnmisty

Hello all! Purchased an egg from a local breeder here in town, in October 2018. Estimated due date was 01/15/19. He came yesterday! I can say it was a sit and wait emotional roller coaster, that I will NEVER do again. I'm a worry wart and I don't think I can handle that type of stress again. I have followed instructions to a T. The breeder probably hates me because I call/text asking questions all the time. We would love to be successful chameleon owners. It has been a great and stressful experience so far. I researched for a long time before making this decision and I've been browsing this forum for months on end and reading so much. I know that there are a lot of do's and don'ts that are simply based on opinions, not just fact. I also know not to believe every single thing I read. So far this forum has seemed to be the most honest and resourceful. I've been to others where is was just a drama, gossip forum, and I'm not here for that. The Chameleon (Benjamin or Camilla) is my son's, with my supervision, as my son is only 14, he is reading this forum as well. Our family is very excited to have this little guy/gal. We feel good about the situation so far, and feel that if there is an emergency, the breeder is literally 5-8 minutes away, but since this is our first time it would be nice to hear success stories from others, as well as helpful information.

FYI- "He" just seems to be what we are referring to it as. We know it may in fact be a she..

Any positive information would be appreciated. Our breeder sold us the entire enclosure set up with lights, temperature gauges, mist system, etc. We know we have all of the accommodations for it correct. We have fruit flies on hand for a little while and then will offer other food.

Name is Roy, in Sacramento, CA, was a hobbyist for 8 years before breeding. Has 15 years in now. He used to show at the California State Fair.

Let me see if I can figure out how to post.

Trying not to disturb it too much. He piped for 28 hours before making his way out. Very curious, and active, but want him to get cozy before I make too much noise and disturb him.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190130-143642_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190130-143642_Gallery.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 121
  • Screenshot_20190130-143651_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190130-143651_Gallery.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 114
Adorable!!
Thank you. Once he is comfy as can be expected I will try to get a better pic. Just trying to adjust in his world right now and see what he likes, and doesn't like. Also he was born at an odd time, so I need to do my best to get his light schedule on mine, so he isn't getting sleep deprived. I feel like I have a newborn baby at home. Checked on him all night last night. Today while working and the husband is home we turned out the lights so hopefully he sleeps today. Will get him set up tonight. Husband took today off to keep and eye on him. I'm off tomorrow.

Before bed tonight... Look at how cute that tail is... Its getting comfortable. Likes to be very nosy and observe us when we enter the room. Saw it drink plenty of water have not witnessed it eat yet. Hoping to catch it tomorrow, to ease my mind a little. Overall seems healthy and happy and has turned some cool colors and patterns so far. He turns when the lights are off/on and when we mist his enclosure. Pretty neat!

Attachments

• IMG_20190130_173117_083.jpg
    IMG_20190130_173117_083.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 20190130_171900.jpg
    20190130_171900.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 126
Baby chams are so cute. They grow soooo fast so enjoy it. They also eat A TON until about 6 months. Congrats and cannot wait to see the colors come in.

Thank you. Hoping the nerves I have subside soon. I try to only peek in every few hours, but it's very tempting not to do it more.

My husband saw him eat this morning. 4am he is pretty active!

Attachments

• 20190131_045138.jpg
    20190131_045138.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 125
Back
Top Bottom