New hatchling

Tabner

Hello! I'm a new panther baby mom. I hatched him/her from an egg on June 9.
So far so good☺️ I have done a lot of research while waiting for him to hatch since Feb 1. Rango(my granddaughter) named him, is 3 weeks old, now. He seems to be happy and healthy. He is eating fruit flies and drinking from the screen, when I mist the cage. I have hatched and raised bearded dragons and have 3 of them, but require different care, as you know. I am a little nervous
Not ever having a chameleon before. I know him being so little doesn't leave too much room, for error, so all help is appreciated. I love him/ her already and want to take the very best care I can, of Rango. He is in a 16x16x20 DIY screen cage with a repti sun 5.0 and a 40w deep dome for extra heat. I mist 2 to 3 times a day and made a little dripper out of a bathroom Dixie cup that I put on top to drip in the mornings. I have a live plant and some very small dowel rods placed in the cage.
Please forgive me, if I mess up on posting because I'm new to forums too.
I tried to attach a couple of pics, but don't know if I did it right. I'm holding him for the first time in one if the pics.
Thanks for your help :)
Tabner

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 169
He's really cute even if he's a she - And the fact that he's eating and drinking sounds real good to me ... I don't know too much about babies but it sounds like your doing fine ..

Yea! It doesn't matter to me either, if it's a boy or girl. Just want him to be healthy. I call him a boy just because Halei named him Rango:)
Thanks for the vote of confidence :)

Back
Top Bottom