New guy.

Call me Sal

Hello, new to the Forum and I would like to introduce Albert. He's my "sons" Chameleon, about a year old and guess who takes care of it? Lol..yep. Glad to be here.
20210127_122908.jpg

He's striking (the chameleon). How old is he (your son)?
I got my first pets (pair of goldfish) when I was 4 or 5. Took care of them myself.
Later moved on to baby turtles, guppies, some other fish I don't recall the name of, and eventually a green anole at age 10. Long story after that.
Any other "pets"?

He's striking (the chameleon). How old is he (your son)?
I got my first pets (pair of goldfish) when I was 4 or 5. Took care of them myself.
Later moved on to baby turtles, guppies, some other fish I don't recall the name of, and eventually a green anole at age 10. Long story after that.
Any other "pets"?
Thank you!!
My sons are 8 and 5, we also have a dog... it's like a zoo at my house. If they would have it their way the would have one of everything..but there is only so much I can do.. Actually my kids help out with the feeding part because that's fun.. it's peaked their interests in with nature and they are always watching reptile shows on YouTube. It's good for them.

Thank you!!
My sons are 8 and 5, we also have a dog... it's like a zoo at my house. If they would have it their way the would have one of everything..but there is only so much I can do.. Actually my kids help out with the feeding part because that's fun.. it's peaked their interests in with nature and they are always watching reptile shows on YouTube. It's good for them.
Well welcome to the forums!! It's so great you have your kids involved and teaching them! My daughter loves being involved with feeding too. Haha. It's the most exciting part! 🤣

Just gorgeous! I'm 48 and suddenly into reptiles, the family thinks I'm having a midlife crisis, lol! The truth is I didn't know they offered so much love and enjoyment, or were so intelligent. I got a $20 Leopard Gecko from Petsmart ( I know, please don't hate) but he was the best $20 I have ever spent and he has opened my eyes to a whole new world. He eats from my hands, comes out when I call his name, and begs to get in my arms. What, a reptile does all this? And he knows what that long black cricket tube is too! Now I'm awaiting my baby veiled any day! I will say I divide reptiles and serpents, I'm not a hater but I divide the two. Everyone to their own.

Be glad your son got a gorgeous pet, we are the lucky few!

Just gorgeous! I'm 48 and suddenly into reptiles, the family thinks I'm having a midlife crisis, lol! The truth is I didn't know they offered so much love and enjoyment, or were so intelligent. I got a $20 Leopard Gecko from Petsmart ( I know, please don't hate) but he was the best $20 I have ever spent and he has opened my eyes to a whole new world. He eats from my hands, comes out when I call his name, and begs to get in my arms. What, a reptile does all this? And he knows what that long black cricket tube is too! Now I'm awaiting my baby veiled any day! I will say I divide reptiles and serpents, I'm not a hater but I divide the two. Everyone to their own.

Dont be fooled into thinking your veiled will give love! Lol. Once they mature it is not likely theyll be very friendly. But they're so worth the time and love you provide!
lizard winston GIF by Zack Kantor

Thank you! I never liked anything that can get around without legs. Lol...Enjoy your new Chameleon!

Dont be fooled into thinking your veiled will give love! Lol. Once they mature it is not likely theyll be very friendly. But they're so worth the time and love you provide!
lizard winston GIF by Zack Kantor
I think I have the grumpiest Chameleon of the entire forest. He doesn't want to have anything to do with us, just feed me and leave me alone. I stopped trying to get him to come on my hand, I had him once. The second attempt he hissed at me and that was it. Lol

I think I have the grumpiest Chameleon of the entire forest. He doesn't want to have anything to do with us, just feed me and leave me alone. I stopped trying to get him to come on my hand, I had him once. The second attempt he hissed at me and that was it. Lol
I lucked out. My female is super sweet. I can handle her with no issues.
My male is a grumpy little dude. He reminds me of an old man always yelling at me...
get off my lawn angry old man GIF

With some notable exceptions, that's basically the nature of the beast. They're more of a "look—don't touch" animal, and I've read many times the best way to make them comfortable is to ignore them and pretend you don't see them.

For "cuddly" (and I use that term loosely), I'd recommend a bearded dragon, B&W Tegu, or monitor.
There are exceptions to any of those being friendly as well. They're all individuals, and can take varying amounts of time & patience to "tame"—if they can be.

Back
Top Bottom