New guy with a few questions.

What about bob

Thanks for letting me join first of all. So I’ve been the proud owner of a baby panther since October 2nd. According to the Breeder I got him from I was only to handle him once in the first few days. That one time was to move him from the container he came in to his new home. I allowed him a week before I tried getting near him and he ran away. I’ve been feeding him on the regular and today I went to deep clean his cage. Since I can not pick him up and he wants nothing to do with me I used a mild soap water to clean. While cleaning he charged at me and tried to bite me! Is this normal is there anyway to make him not scared of me and be able to hold him?

Thanks for letting me join first of all. So I’ve been the proud owner of a baby panther since October 2nd. According to the Breeder I got him from I was only to handle him once in the first few days. That one time was to move him from the container he came in to his new home. I allowed him a week before I tried getting near him and he ran away. I’ve been feeding him on the regular and today I went to deep clean his cage. Since I can not pick him up and he wants nothing to do with me I used a mild soap water to clean. While cleaning he charged at me and tried to bite me! Is this normal is there anyway to make him not scared of me and be able to hold him?
He’s scared and/or territorial. You could try handfeeding him to gain trust or coaxing him onto a branch and moving him out of the cage to clean. Could you fill out the ask for help form? https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/ Another great resource here is the panther cham care sheet, if you haven’t read it yet. Welcome to the forums! The form linked above will help us make sure your husbandry is its best for your cham!

Always come from below or eye level when trying to grab him and let him climb onto you, never rip him off a branch and be aware of his tail grabbing onto something

He’s scared and/or territorial. You could try handfeeding him to gain trust or coaxing him onto a branch and moving him out of the cage to clean. Could you fill out the ask for help form? https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/ Another great resource here is the panther cham care sheet, if you haven’t read it yet. Welcome to the forums! The form linked above will help us make sure your husbandry is its best for your cham!
Not understanding your link as it won’t let me reply.

Always come from below or eye level when trying to grab him and let him climb onto you, never rip him off a branch and be aware of his tail grabbing onto something
I do just that. I never come above him and never try to just grab him. He is only 4 months and still no colors other than dark spots and white.

Where am I supposed to post my answers. Nothing says I shouldn’t have him.
I didn’t mean that. You copy and paste the form to this thread then type in your answers. I never said you shouldn’t keep him. I meant fill out the form and people here on the forums will make sure you have all the info you need to properly care for your cham (not that you aren’t doing so already)

I didn’t mean that. You copy and paste the form to this thread then type in your answers. I never said you shouldn’t keep him. I meant fill out the form and people here on the forums will make sure you have all the info you need to properly care for your cham (not that you aren’t doing so already)
Well that makes more sense. As soon as I’m near my desktop I’ll do that.

Back
Top Bottom